Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men
- General George S. Patton.
22nd February 2013 Letchworth UK
HLOW was created with an extensive single player campaign mode (with over 20 missions), set in historical locations and incorporating real life missions and situations - this gives you the unique opportunity to command your troops through genuine battle environments and operations.
These brand new screenshots give a glimpse of the scenarios you will encounter while commanding your squad:
Gameplay combines the mechanics of a turn based strategy with the depth of a tactical warfare game, simultaneously bringing in RPG elements - lead your units from the bloody beaches of Normandy to the war torn streets of Berlin, developing their abilities along the way.
Compared with strategy kings XCOM and Company of Heroes, HLOW brings a whole new level of depth and realism to the genre. With over 30 unique unit types (including Infantry, Armoured Vehicles and Aircraft) and a vast armoury of weapons to choose from, each mission poses a unique challenge as you need to choose the right units and weaponry for the task!
HLOW has been developed by strategy gaming experts Slitherine and builds on the huge success of History Great Battles Medieval. The tie in with the History Channel brings a level of depth unparalleled in the strategy game genre and introduces a level of detail that was previously only imaginable in the blockbuster movie genre!
- 4 Operations, 21 missions, 44 battlefield maps & 36 different types of unit
- Varied mission types, including attack, infiltration, defence, escort and sabotage.
- Unique combination of 2 strategy game mechanics: high-level strategic management and turn-based tactics.
- 44 different battlefield maps consisting of 3 different environments: countryside, snow and cities.
- 36 different types of units: command infantry, armoured vehicles and aircrafts, special units (including snipers, elite forces and commandos) fighters and bombers.
- Go Head-to-Head with the Hotseat multiplayer mode.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/legendsofwar #HLOW
PQube is a publisher, distributor and service provider for the interactive entertainment industry with a global reach from its UK offices in Letchworth and Doncaster and European network.
Publishing and distributing games, consoles and accessories and covering all major formats and digital channels, PQube has established a track record of success and together with its key partners handles several major franchises in the UK and European markets including WRC 3, BlazBlue, History Channel Great Battles, Arcana Heart, MX Mud, SBK, CrashTime, Persona 4 Arena as well as Sega, Sonic, Street Fighter 2 and Atari retro console ranges.
Through its services division PQube offers business development, marketing and PR services together with a range of support services including web design, e-commerce, production, and fulfilment solutions. For more information visit www.pqube.co.uk