In late 2009, the heat will rise on PC and next generation consoles. Black Inc. today announced a perfect way to counterbalance the cold season: Fireburst, a new off-road action racing game, featuring unique innovations. The title is being developed by the game forge exDream, based in Hannover, Germany, and will appear on PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360®, and PC. Fireburst is thus the first title released to Sony's next generation console by the publisher from Cologne.
Fireburst sends players into a fiery, four-wheeled adrenalin frenzy. Behind the wheel of numerous different racers, drivers get to speed along paved race courses or wicked off-road tracks, showing no respect for their rivals. Thanks to a novel boost system, opponents are kept at a distance in spectacular ways in various single and multiplayer modes. The element of fire prominently features in all special maneuvers. It is possible, for example, to coat your own vehicle in protective flames, or make a rival's car explode with a burst of fire.
Fireburst also offers brilliant graphics: In order to bring glorious effects and breathtaking landscapes to the screen, exDream's developers base their graphics on Unreal Engine 3. Many dynamic objects and impressive light effects on vehicles and tracks make for fantastic top-level, high-speed racing action.
• First PLAYSTATION®3 title from Black Inc.
• Innovative boost system: With the novel 4-stage fire boost, opponents' vehicles are eliminated in spectacular ways
• Fireburst is developed based on Unreal Engine 3
• Wacky characters
• All kinds of vehicles: From sleek buggies and pimped-up vintage models to massive pick-ups, this fleet leaves nothing to be desired
• Unique combinations of drivers and vehicles: Match a character with the appropriate vehicle to optimize driving attributes
• Game modes offering plenty of variation: Challenge and championship modes, as well as multiplayer options (with up to 16 players online, or up to 4 players offline with a split screen), make for spectacular entertainment
• Surprising twists: 20 huge tracks are divided into ten areas. Each track offers shortcuts and alternative routes
• Plenty of bonuses: Unlock new vehicles, tracks, and game modes
• Sneering and jeering: Each character uses more than 50 different taunts to mock the competition. But beware: The more you provoke the AI drivers, the more aggressively they will race you!
"With Fireburst, we have reached a new dimension in the racing game genre. This is largely due to the innovative boost system which allows players to attack and destroy opponents' cars in different ways," says Birgit Hönsch, divisional manager of Games Publishing&Licensing at RTL interactive GmbH. "Our executive producer Rupert Easterbrook, whose many years of experience in the games industry proved to be a perfect asset to our project, is providing immense support in the development of this game. The production staff and I are proud to have Rupert on board as a producer who already successfully handled projects for major international companies in the sector, such as Electronic Arts, Sony, Take 2, or Sega."
Fireburst from Black Inc. will appear in the 4th quarter of 2009 on PC, Xbox 360, and PLAYSTATION®3.
About RTL interactive Games Publishing:
The Games Publishing division of RTL interactive GmbH (RTL Games GmbH until December 31, 2008) is responsible for the entire computer and console games business of the German RTL media group. The team designs and publishes video games for different types of gamers and focuses on the mass market of arcade and casual games. Further, individual titles by the Games Publishing Unit appeal to fans of adventure, fantasy and role playing games. Generally, RTL Games is aiming to serve all console platforms as well as PC with its future projects. In the market, the games publisher operates with a consistent three label strategy: Games with a direct connection to television and especially family friendly titles are released by the label Playtainment. The brand RTL Sports encompasses successful sports video games . The label Black Inc. appeals to fans of adventure, fantasy and role playing games, providing high-quality, complex premium titles especially for core gamers. For further information please go to http://www.rtl-games.de