Haarlem, The Netherlands, June 8th 2009 - Up and coming videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive today announced that it has acquired the European publishing rights to the Survival Horror FPS for PC Killing Floor, from Georgia-based videogame developer Tripwire Interactive. Also included in the deal are the bundling rights for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 for PC, Tripwire’s award winning World War II FPS for Germany and several other key European territories. Scheduled for release this summer, Killing Floor is a thrill a minute survival horror game that is sure to satisfy your craving for Zombie blood. The retail version to be released by Iceberg Interactive will also have several extra features over the downloadable version.
Erik Schreuder, CEO of Iceberg Interactive said:“With Killing Floor we have landed a game that already has quite a following and is an online success, so obviously we are very excited to get going. We are definitely looking forward to launching the game into European retail over the next few months and to quickly expand the European base of players. Creepy yet addictive stuff.”
“Europe is a very key territory for us, especially considering the game is set in Britain” said John Gibson, Tripwire Interactive’s President.“We’re very happy to be working with Iceberg Interactive to bring Killing Floor to retail in Europe. It is refreshing to work with a publisher that shares our vision for leveraging online and retail sales to bring the best value to the gamer.”
Killing Floor is a Co-op Survival Horror FPS taking place in the devastated cities and countryside of England, after a series of cloning experiments for the military goes horribly wrong. You and your friends are members of the military and police, dropped into these locations with a simple mission: survive long enough to cleanse the area of the failed experiments. The only problem is, these“experiments” aren’t waiting to be taken out– they’re coming for YOU!
Gamespot–“…more fun than it has any right to be”…“Stellar gunplay hits the spot”
AceGamez.co.uk–“The overpowering sense of fun and satisfaction when working in a team and co-operating to achieve victory against insurmountable odds is the main reason to snap this game up right now.”
Atomic–“the focus here was put on fun, and there's plenty of it to go around”
• Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens
• Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities
• Over 40 Steam Achievements, including“Dignity for the dead” for killing 10 enemies feeding on dead teammates’ corpses and“Hot Cross Fun” for finishing off 25 burning enemies with a Crossbow.
• Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo“ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer
• Solo game mode for offline play
• 9 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers
• 12+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower. Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive
• Players choose which Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors
• Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight– or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde
• Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters
• Support for Steam Friends and other Steamworks features
• Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods
For more information on Killing Floor, visit www.iceberg-interactive.com and keep up with the latest breaking news.
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software company founded in 2005 by the award winning mod team and winners of the“$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal” competition. Released in early 2006, Tripwire Interactive’s debut retail title Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 has achieved both critical and commercial success garnering several awards including“Multiplayer Game of the Year” and“FPS of the Year” for 2006. With Red Orchestra ranking as one of the most played PC Multiplayer games in the world and 400,000 units sold on PC , Tripwire Interactive have proven that with hard work, determination, and great distribution partners, independent game developers can still make a big splash in the games industry. Tripwire’s second title Killing Floor jumped straight to the top of the Steam best-seller list and instantly became one of the top-ten most played FPS games in the world. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive’s website at www.tripwireinteractive.com.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is a brand new videogame publisher set to make a splash in the interactive entertainment industry. Staffed with industry veterans and with offices in key locations around the world, Iceberg Interactive is a new alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. Iceberg Interactive's portfolio of products includes titles for both the PC and console platforms, with a special focus on the casual gamer and specialty niche products. This is reflected in our launch line-up which contests simulators, tycoon, adventure, action and brain-training games.
When it comes to games… don’t just play… play it cool.