Haarlem, The Netherlands– 10 June 2009– Up and coming videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive today announced that it has acquired the worldwide publishing rights to the point-and-click adventure game for the PC, The Last Chariots of the Gods, from Austrian based developer Homegrown games. Based on the concepts from the bestselling novel“Chariots of the Gods” by Erich von Däniken, and other Paleo-SETI theories, players will be immersed in a world of ancient legends and modern day conspiracy. The ultimate question; Are we alone in the universe will be answered in Q4-2009 when the game will be released.
Erik Schreuder, CEO of Iceberg Interactive said:”Many people are familiar with the books by Erich von Däniken about whether the ancient gods were actually powerful aliens visiting our planet. We are thrilled to publish a great adventure game based on these fascinating theories.”
Johann Ertl, CEO of Homegrown Games added: "We are very excited about the chance to cooperate with Iceberg Interactive, as both our companies share the belief that the needs and wishes of players should be the most important focus for game development and publishing. We believe that Iceberg Interactive puts the same heart and soul into publishing games as we do in developing them."
The Last Chariots of the Gods is a gripping point&click adventure that takes players into a dark world of ancient legends and present day conspiracy. Players take on the role of archaeology student Marcus Bauer, who is given a task by his late granduncle to prove his strange theories that the "Vimanas" described in ancient India Sanskrit were actually spaceships from an alien society. Being a skeptic, Marcus however soon discovers that there is more behind the ancient legends than archaeology cares to know or will admit. Following clues and rumours, he soon uncovers secrets that were hidden from mankind− secrets that would turn everything we think we know upside down. As he unravels the truth, those who would like to keep it buried close in. He gets the feeling that someone or something is working against him− a feeling that turns into fear and desperation as he discovers that we may not be alone and maybe never were.
• Inspired by the work of the Archaeology, Astronautics and SETI Research Association (AAS) and the parascience "Paläo-SETI" heavily influenced by authors like Erich von Däniken (best known for "Chariots of the Gods?)”
• Over 40 exotic locations, and more that 30 engaging characters to interact with
• Thrilling&unique storyline as players take on role of Archaeologist Marcus Bauer in an“Indiana Jones meets Erich von Däniken" scenario
• Beautiful graphics featuring state-of-the-art images, rendering&lightening,
including vRay technology
• Innovative Environment Manipulation(IEM): a feature that allows players to alter the entire environment (daytime, lighting, humidity, wind) of a scene to solve certain puzzles.
• 3rd person point of view with 1st person view for indoor locations
• Intuitive interface allowing immersing and engaging gameplay.
• Sophisticated NPC AI means that in-game characters act and respond in a realistic manner.
• All in-game technical devices function like in real life; mobile phones, text messaging, including playable mini-games on in-game pc’s
• Dynamic soundtrack featuring acclaimed composer Kai Rosenkranz
For more information on The Last Chariots of the Gods, please visit www.iceberg-interactive.com and keep up with the latest breaking news.
About Homegrown games
Homegrown Games creates games in the spirit of the“garage developers” that dominated the first decade of computer gaming with enthusiasm and creativity. Teams consisting of Community members, fans and Mod-developers are working together with business veterans on exceptional games with an artistic approach. In addition to“The Last Chariots of the Gods”, Homegrown Games is working on the official Painkiller sequel "Resurrection" and the H. P. Lovecraft adaption“Rise of R'lyeh”.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is a brand new videogame publisher set to make a splash in the interactive entertainment industry. Staffed with industry veterans and with offices in key locations around the world, Iceberg Interactive is a new alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. Iceberg Interactive's portfolio of products includes titles for both the PC and console platforms, with a special focus on the casual gamer and specialty niche products. This is reflected in our launch line-up which contains simulators, adventure, action, tycoon and brain-training games.
When it comes to games….don’t just play… play it cool.