Haarlem, The Netherlands– June 2nd 2009 - Recently formed videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Zoetrope Interactive are delighted to announce the signing of the publishing rights to Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage, a‘Lovecraftian’-style adventure game for the PC platform. The rights acquired are for Europe (including Russia, but with the exception of Turkey, Spain and Italy). The game is set for release in Q1-2010.
In the same deal, Iceberg Interactive also acquired the rights for the first instalment Darkness Within 1: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder for the same territories, for immediate re-release at a budget price point. Both games will be bundled in the future as well. With the signing of the Darkness Within franchise Iceberg Interactive expands its rapidly growing portfolio of games.
While keeping the same Lovecraftian style of eerie storytelling, the varied and dynamic puzzles and the unique‘thinking screen’, Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage will provide an upgrade with graphics now in full 3D and a longer playing time.
Erik Schreuder, CEO of Iceberg Interactive says:“We are thrilled to sign up the original Darkness Within game and especially its successor The Dark Lineage. Adventure gamers will have an even greater thrill and chill while playing Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage than they did before, and they will see the Darkness Within saga come to an exciting conclusion.”
Zoetrope Interactive’s Onur Samli: "We are very happy to start working with Iceberg Interactive. We know that with Iceberg Interactive's extensive industry experience and its all-veteran team, Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage is in good hands."
Complete list of game features:
- <*>A new and more advanced game engine:
- <*>With the new and more advanced version of the original game engine of Darkness Within, you can move anywhere you want, light up your way with light sources that cast real-time soft shadows and realistically lift up, push, pull or throw objects with the power of NVIDIA® PhysX™ engine.*>
- <*>Players can choose to play in Standard, Detective or Senior Detective modes.*>
- <*>Traditional adventure game puzzles are complimented by deciphering dreams, underlining excerpts in documents to garner critical clues and interacting physically with the environment.*>
- <*>The proprietary fully 3D real-time game engine enables compelling special effects, stunning visuals, and dynamic lighting and shading, in a first person game environment.*>
- <*>An immersive experience is created by a fascinating Lovecraftian story, chilling real-time cut scenes, and haunting music.*>
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is a brand new videogame publisher set to make a splash in the interactive entertainment industry. Staffed with industry veterans and with offices in key locations around the world, Iceberg Interactive is a new alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. Iceberg Interactive’s portfolio of products will include titles for both the PC and console platforms, with a special focus on the casual gamer and specialty niche products. This is reflected in our launch line-up which contains simulators, tycoon, adventure and brain-training games. When it comes to games…don’t just play… play it cool.
About Zoetrope Interactive
Zoetrope Interactive is a small independent game development company located in Istanbul, Turkey. Its mission is to develop quality games that gamers can feel and enjoy.