MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, November 2, 2007—iGames, the world’s leading game center organization, today announced Xtreme Quest $5K Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars™ Presented by Intel, a 9-week series of Game Nights and special competitions, beginning Thursday, November 1. The series will showcase id Software’s critically acclaimed team-based multiplayer in a variety of different contexts for gamers of all skill levels, from hardcore competitors to more casual players.
• 6v6 Ladder: One week of preseason; five weeks of regular ladder play, followed by a, 3- week post-season tournament.
• Weekly Match Play: Intel and Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars™ to be the featured sponsor and game on Thursday night each week with players having the opportunity to participate for 3-4 hours on that night. Match results will be entered into an ongoing ranking system that provides points for both winning as well as just participating. Players play as much as possible to accumulate ranking points with the goal of earning one of the coveted“top 8” slots for post season play.
• 1st Place (team total) - $1,000.00
• 2nd Place (team total) - $750.00
• 3rd Place (team total) - $600.00
• 4th Place (team total) - $450
• 5th-6th Place (team total) - $300
• 7th-8th Place (team total) - $150
In addition, there will also be 2 weekly drawing prizes of $50 for all participants.
iGames, Inc. offers a wide range of services to help independent and franchised game centers. iGames’ mission is to promote and develop the growth of the game center industry. Its services unite game centers with the goal of establishing them as the driving force enabling the interactive entertainment industry to become the number one form of entertainment around the world. iGames has established strong relationships with industry leaders to provide a wide variety of products, services and programs to member game centers and gamers including software licensing, hardware discounts, exclusive game premieres, tournaments, and game nights. Today the company counts well over 600 centers and 1.2 million gamers per month, initiating and co-organizing more than 200 events a year. To learn more about iGames, go to www.igames.org.
# # #