Manchester, UK - 12 November, 2012 - Playdemic, creator of hit Facebook game Gourmet Ranch, today announced the launch of its latest social game, Kingdom Quest. Kingdom Quest is set in a mystical land of dragons, fair maidens and villainous warlords where players must work together to help each other build and maintain their very own medieval kingdoms. In the game, players must complete exciting quests, craft and trade unique items, and explore distant lands. The game has been running as a live beta, open to existing Playdemic fans, for the past month and was created using crowd-sourced feedback from Playdemic’s 10 million Facebook players of Gourmet Ranch.
Kingdom Quest opens with the dramatic destruction of the mighty kingdom of King Rowan and Queen Josslyn by the villainous warlord, Lord Osric. Forced from your home, players take the role of the rightful heir to the throne and must build a new thriving kingdom in an abandoned castle many miles from your former realm.
The exciting features of Kingdom Quest include:
· Restore the Ruins – help build a new kingdom from scratch, complete with farms where you can rear animals or grow ingredients, customise buildings and mine for valuable ore
· Traders’ Paradise – an in-game market town where you can trade goods, food and animals from your farms with your Facebook friends from other kingdoms
· Castle of Wonder – This is your kingdom, so create it any way you want! Rebuild the kingdom’s ruined castle in your favourite style with medieval, fairy-tale, gothic or fantasy themes available
· A World Without Borders – Explore around your Facebook friends’ lands, help them with tasks and in return ask for their help when you need them
· No Quest too Small – In a mystical land where anything can happen allow Kingdom Quest’s more intriguing personalities to guide you through mini-quests. Characters include:
o Brother Martin – the kingdom’s friendly monk and next-door neighbour who offers helpful advice and spiritual wisdom
o Grimble – a humble, loyal and peaceful townsman who cares deeply about his new home
o Morgan – an ambitious social climber, keen to go down in the history books for his role in building the new kingdom
o Sir Borin – the enigmatic knight who has seen his fair share of battles and knows what it takes to protect the kingdom from danger
Paul Gouge, Playdemic’s CEO and co-founder said: “The team at Playdemic has been hard at work over the past year developing five new products for Facebook and mobile devices. One of the core fundamentals of Playdemic is that we listen to gamers’ feedback when they tell us what they love and dislike about the games they play. With Kingdom Quest, we took the feedback from Gourmet Ranch and researched what players said about other social games in the genre to create a game that users will love. We’ve incorporated farming, cooking and trading but added crafting and building to create a richer, more engaging game. So far the metrics are proving that players love what we’ve done.”
View a video of Kingdom Quest here: http://youtu.be/7Nz9UsdzH8c?hd=1
Playdemic is a new kind of social games company. Playdemic’s vision is to create second-generation social games - games that deliver a uniquely social and shared experience on any connected platform, from smartphones and tablets to smart TVs, set-top boxes and the web. Playdemic’s games are united in their focus on quality, great gameplay and providing a fun and social experience for all. Playdemic’s games are already available via Facebook, iOS and Android, with more than 10 million people enjoying Playdemic’s take on social gaming. Playdemic’s first title was Gourmet Ranch, which is currently playable on Facebook with over 700,000 monthly active users.
Playdemic was founded in 2010 by a team of games industry veterans from major publishers including EA, Ubisoft, THQ and Eidos. Playdemic is based in Wilmslow near Manchester, UK. You can find more information about Playdemic and its games at http://www.playdemic.com/, or follow them at www.facebook.com/playdemic and @playdemicstudio