SAN FRANCISCO - June 21, 2012 - The Gamification Summit has announced the results of the GAwards, with six cutting edge companies taking home honors for the best use of gamification in categories ranging from education to enterprise. In addition, a special achievement award was given to an individual who’s made a lasting contribution to the industry. During an awards ceremony held at GSummit last night, the following winners took to the stage to be recognized for achievement in the implementation of gamification programs and products:
- Best Consumer Facing Use of Gamification - Club Psych, the affinity program developed to reward fans of the hit USA television program Psych from USA Networks/NBC Universal.
- Best Use of Gamification in Education - The Khan Academy, a non-profit educational association using game mechanics to drive “self-learning” behavior in classrooms.
- Best Enterprise Use of Gamification - Bunchball’ s Nitro for Salesforce, a cloud app utilizing gamification to help drive behavior in sales teams.
- Best Use of Gamification in Health & Wellness - Zamzee, an online rewards program for kids and families powered by physical activity.
- Best Use of Gamification for Social Good - Recyclebank, helps create a more sustainable future by rewarding people for taking everyday green actions.
- Overall Greatest Impact in Gamification - Badgeville, The Behavior Platform. With 175 customers including Deloitte, Samsung, Kaiser, CA, EMC, Oracle, NBC, Recyclebank, Bell Media, and more, in just 20 months in business, Badgeville has sparked the growth of gamification as a sought-after business strategy across virtually every industry for customer and employee programs.
- Special Achievement in Gamification - Tim Chang, Managing Director at Mayfield Fund and member of Forbes Midas list of 2012’s Top Tech Investors.
About Gamification Co
Gamification Co is the only transmedia company exclusively dedicated to Engagement Science and Gamification. The group publishes the Gamification Blog and related books, organizes The Gamification Summit & Workshops and provides consulting expertise to facilitate this burgeoning industry.
Gamification is the use of game thinking and game mechanics to solve problems and engage audiences, and its power is radically reshaping industries from marketing to HR, education to health care, improving lives, solving problems and generating unprecedented growth. Gartner Group forecasts that Gamification will be used by 70% of the Global 2000 by 2015, spending over $2Bn on related products, services and technologies according to M2 Research. For more information on Gamification Co and how to leverage the power of game mechanics, visit http :// Gamification . Co.