In Fish Tank, instead of matching gems or blocks, you are matching colors of fish, and the gameplay happens horizontally, not vertically. Different colors of fish swim from the left-hand side of the screen to a 5×8 grid on the right-hand side of the screen. You control their up and down movement by tilting your device, thus sending them to different rows. You have to do it with finesse though, to make sure they end up in the desired spot.
There is a great deal of strategy as to when you should cash in your matched fish. The matched groups don't automatically vanish when you reach the minimum number in a row. You need to manually clear the group of matches. The bigger the group, the more points it is worth, and you also get more points if you cash in more than one group at a time. Also complicating matters is a large number of power-ups. These drift along like the fish, and you play them at the right time. Most of these have good effects, but some will remove fish without adding to your score, which can be a mixed blessing.
· Fun and addictive gameplay
· There are two modes, arcade mode and challenge mode
· 24 different challenges, and in each one you can win a different medal
· Original implementation of arcade-style matching game, one you'll want to return over and over to play
· Challenging for hardcore gamer, great way to introduce new players to the genre
The game MSRP is $1.99, but for a limited time the game will be available for $0.99.