Bracknell, UK – 30 th September 2011 – Kalypso Media is pleased to announce that Patrician IV Gold Edition, the sequel to the Patrician series of historical trading and strategy simulations, is now available to purchase from stores across the UK and European territories. Patrician IV Gold Edition is the ultimate collection for anyone who may have missed out on the series as it combines the full edition of Patrician IV and the official expansion Rise of a Dynasty into one great game. Patrician IV Gold Edition is available on Windows PC for £34.99/€39.99 SRP.
In the game, you play a merchant in northern Europe in the late Middle Ages when the Hanseatic League of traders and merchants was flourishing. Your goal is to rise to become the most successful and influential member of the Hanse, ultimately being elected Alderman, leader of the trading league. Start by trading common goods, then build up your own production and establish a merchant fleet to expand your trading empire and gain more political influence as you conquer new towns.
However, a Hanse merchant's life can also have its dark side. During your rise to power you must hold your ground against fierce rivals, whom you have to overcome by any means - be it economic competition, price wars or "other" underhanded tactics such as sabotage. Will you even engage in piracy to get what you want?
Patrician IV Gold Edition also brings a host of improvements and features first introduced by the critically acclaimed expansion Rise of a Dynasty. Operate your business in cooperative multiplayer mode, discover new land-based trade routes while grappling with territorial rulers and protecting your wagon convoys from errant highwaymen.
Patrician IV Gold Edition Features:
- Combines the full edition of Patrician IV and the official expansion Rise of a Dynasty into one great game
- Realistically modelled trade system with trade routes between 40 cities on the coast and the mainland
- Become a leading merchant in heartland cities and establish an extensive road network to expand your trade routes
- All towns are displayed in impressive and detailed 3D
- Intelligent rivals, dynamic weather and seasons influence gameplay
- Manage your trading empire with three of your friends via LAN or Internet in a cooperative multiplayer mode
- Become a big time landowner and buy parts of the regional territories to expand your influence and power
- Be elected mayor of your home town or even Alderman of the Hanseatic League and gain new rights and responsibilities.
- Construct your own merchant fleet from historical ship models and research new ship types
- Arm your fleet with convoy ships and fight in impressive naval battles against pirates and rivals