Bracknell, UK – 25th September 2013 - Kalypso Media is pleased to release new artwork from Air Conflicts: Vietnam, its upcoming action-arcade air combat title, today. The new hi-resolution art is perfect for use as a background on your favourite device, PC or Mac! Air Conflicts: Vietnam challenges players to fly both fighter jets and helicopters in nail-biting high-stakes combat during the Vietnam war! With more than 20 aircraft to choose from, an extensive storyline and multiplayer gameplay modes, Air Conflicts: Vietnam will keep armchair fighter jocks glued to their seats on console and PC.
Vietnam. 1965. A long-simmering conflict escalates into a full-fledged war, and you are about to become a big part of it...
Jump into the cockpit of some of the finest combat aircraft as young Joe Thompson, a newly minted U.S. Air Force pilot. He is brave, talented and ready to do his duty, but his experiences during this war will change him forever.
Air Conflicts: Vietnam is an arcade-styled air-combat game that immerses players in the harrowing skies over Vietnam. Take to the air in screaming fighter jets or grab the controls of devastating helicopter gunships as you shatter enemy encampments with explosive ordinance, decimate North Vietnamese ace fighter squadrons, escort bombers as they deliver their deadly payload, or rescue stranded soldiers and deliver support troops to the ever-changing front lines of the vicious battlefield.
Key Features for Air Conflicts: Vietnam
- Live a thrilling wartime narrative. In an epic single-player campaign, filled with heroic moments and the darker side of war, your performance in air combat and support missions drives the story from the initial escalation of tension, through key battles of the Vietnam War and, ultimately, the fall of Saigon.
- Jump into the cockpit for instant action. Pilot and customise more than 20 planes and – for the first time in the Air Conflict series – helicopters, including the workhorse UH-1 “Huey” Iroquois, fire-breathing AH-1 Cobra attack gunships, the devastating F4 Phantom and F104 Starfighter jets, plus fearsome enemy MIG fighter jets.
- Lead your squadron to victory. Command up to four jets or helicopters, maximizing their unique abilities to complete challenging objectives, while earning experience, levelling up and improving your leadership and air combat skills.
- Challenge your friends for air supremacy. Play up to eight online opponents in nail-biting, fast paced capture-the-flag, deathmatch and team deathmatch air battles.
- Get your groove on. As you test your pilot skills against AI or human opponents, treat your ears to a cool rock soundtrack in the style of vintage Vietnam-era tunes.