June 4th, 2008
More at www.viswebconvention.com
Eric Winbolt, Head Digital Media at EMI, Matthew Jeffery, Head of Global Talent Brand at Electronic Arts and Jo Roach, Commissioning Editor at Channel 4 join Lord Puttnam to speak at Visual Web Convention 9-10th July in London.
The speakers are the latest of the leading entertainment and broadcasting companies, casual games developers, brand agencies and developers to sign up to speak at the Visual Web Convention - the first event to showcase, debate and identify the opportunities for application and monetization of the Visual Web 2.0 and online communities across games, brands, learning, media&communications– with a focus on virtual worlds, MMOs, social networks and serious games.
The sessions provide delegates with a 6–12 month strategy roadmap based on clear ROI case studies for monetizing the Visual Web and online communities. They: learn about the impact of open API and widgets - discover the roadmap for mobile social networks and interconnectivity - hear how to exploit the current 500m + community members in existing social networks and how to build the next-gen social network to leapfrog Facebook and Bebo.
• Lord David Puttnam
• Eric Winbolt - Head of Digital at EMI Records
• John Nordlinger - Program Manager, Microsoft Research
• Matt Spall - MD, Morpheme Games Studios (part of Eidos)
• Sebastien de Halleux - COO, Play Fish
• Kevin McNulty - President, Coole Immersive
• Matthew Jeffery– Head of Global Talent Brand, Electronic Arts
• Sanjay Mistry - VP, EA University
• Dan Hon - CEO, Six to Start
• Margaret Robertson - Journalist&Consultant
• Gobion Rowlands - CEO, Red Redemption
• Bruce Joy– CEO, Vastpark
• Jo Roach– Commissioning Editor, Channel 4
• Claus Nehmzow - MD, Method Ltd
• Martin Mackain Bremner - Learning Programme Manager, Defence Academy UK
• Prof Alan Hatcher - CEO, Homeland Security Group
• Jason Ryan - iCrossing
• Tom Nixon - Nixon McInnes
• Paul Durrant - Business Director, Abertay University
• Thomas Bidaux - VP, Avaloop
• David Solari - VP Online, Codemasters
• Thor Gunnarsson - VP, CCP Games (Eve Online)
• Sean Dromgoole - CEO, Some Research
• Frank Jennings - Associate Solicitor, DMH Stallard
• Kevin Corti - CEO, PIXELearning
• Paul Miller - CEO, School of Everything
• David MacQueen - Senior Mobile Analyst, Screen Digest
• Dave Taylor - Senior Virtual Worlds Researcher, Imperial College
• Ivan Pope - CEO, Sniperoo
• Dr Pamela M Kato - University Medical Centre, Netherlands, Former Co-founder and CEO, Hopelab
ABOUT THE CONVENTION
The Convention, to be held at RIBA, comprises 4 main events each separately bookable, with a focus on:
• Online Games (MMOs&casual games)– Building sustainable communities, opening up Facebook and reaching 500m+ established social networkers.
• Visual Web 2.0– Not just about virtual worlds. How developers, publishers and brands (in-game, game-related + life-style) benefit from the opportunity resulting from the new Visual Web 2.0.
• Widgets&Gadgets– How this-gen Web, with prolific open APIs and widgets, is driving commerce, building communities and brands - including games and media.
• Virtual worlds– New platform for the Web? Life-style games? MMOs? What’s the value, opportunity and roadmap? Who are the key players and what are the right platforms for you to develop new games on?
• Serious games&learning– Appropriate use of Web 2.0, ARGs, virtual worlds and serious games to learning, awareness and policy. In addition, are climate change games a new family-friendly genre for games publishers?
• The Talent Crunch– How to find and then keep key talent in the creative digital industries. The definitive Academic Meets Industry Consultation!
Conact Martine Parry 07788 191252