New York, USA (November 9, 2007) Paradox Interactive revealed today the key features of their next grand strategy game– Europa Universalis - Rome. The critically acclaimed Paradox development team will bring the greatest cultural and military civilizations to life through this epic title filled with great strategic and tactical depth, scheduled for release during Q2, 2008.
- Fully 3D map with integrated graphics and detailed topography
- Start at any date between 280 B.C. and 27 B.C.
- Choose between 10 different cultures, including the Roman, Celtic, Greek and Egyptian civilizations, with more than 53 playable factions on a map spanning hundreds of provinces.
- Watch your characters develop new traits through political intrigue and various interactions with thousands of other characters.
- Trade, negotiate or fight with your neighbours and advance your technologies to unite the Mediterranean World.
- Robust multiplayer allows you to challenge up to 32 players either competitively or in co-op mode.
About Paradox Interactive
Paradox Interactive has been a leading publisher and developer of strategy games for the PC platform since 1999. Well-known worldwide for their strategy titles, the company has a particularly strong presence in Europe and the US. The steadily growing publishing portfolio includes in-house developed titles such as critically acclaimed franchises Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron; as well as an extensive third party line-up of titles that include Tarr Chronicles, Penumbra: Black Plague, Supreme Ruler 2020 and Lost Empire: Immortals.
The experienced development team recently announced a new Q2, 2008 title, developed under the world-renowned brand Europa Universalis– ROME. Visit http://www.paradoxplaza.com for more information.