For immediate distribution
22nd October 2010 - Gamers around the world now have just three days remaining to make a difference in gaming’s most prestigious awards, the 28th Annual Golden Joystick Awards.
With voting closing at 12:00 GMT on Monday 25th October– the awards has already smashed 2009’s voting total and is on the brink of generating 1.5 million votes, establishing 2010’s awards as the most popular Golden Joysticks ever.
Voting is still wide open in many of the 16 gamer voted categories, with over 100 titles competing for the biggest prize in gaming, the Ultimate game of the year. With diverse categories like ITN Game On Shooter of the year, RPG of the year and Puzzle game of the year, there is truly something for everyone.
If there’s a game you feel deserves a Golden Joystick– get over to www.goldenjoystick.com and vote now!
The 2010 Golden Joystick Awards categories are:
· Action game of the year sponsored by Nuts
· Fighting game of the year in association with Official Nintendo Magazine
· Download game of the year sponsored by Green Man Gaming
· Music game of the year in association with MusicRadar
· Habbo.com Portable game of the year
· Racing game of the year in association with Fast Car
· Soundtrack of the year in association with Metal Hammer
· RPG of the year in association with GamesRadar
· Puzzle game of the year in association with NGamer
· Sports game of the year sponsored by Mousebreaker.com
· Online game of the year sponsored by Game Gears
· Strategy game of the year in association with PC Gamer
· ITN Game On Shooter of the year
· UK Developer of the year in association with Edge
· MSN One to watch
· Ultimate game of the year in association with GamesMaster
The categories in the Golden Joystick Awards are voted for by the only people who matter– the gamers themselves. Officially named as the‘World’s most popular video games awards’ by Guinness World Records, the Golden Joysticks Awards are held in high esteem in the global video games industry nearly 1,000 executives will attend the glittering ceremony, which is being held at London’s Park Plaza Westminster Bridge hotel on 29th October 2010.
‘Like’ the Golden Joysticks on Facebook at‘Golden Joysticks’.
Follow the Golden Joystick Awards on Twitter @GoldenJoysticks #Joysticks2010
For more information about the Golden Joystick Awards 2010 please contact
Kate Szlendak /Justin Crosby at Boom! Dialogue on 0207 520 0887
For media accreditation for the Golden Joystick Awards email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Future UK please contact
Will Guyatt, Future UK, 01225 822517
Future plc is an international special-interest media group, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol FUTR). Founded in 1985 with one magazine, today we have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating over 180 special-interest publications, websites and events. We hold market-leading positions in games, film, music, technology, cycling, automotive and crafts. Our biggest-selling magazines include T3, Total Film, Classic Rock, Guitar World and Official Xbox Magazine. Our websites include gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com, and techradar.com. Future sells more than 3 million magazines each month; we attract more than 20 million unique visitors to our websites; and we host 27 annual live events. In addition, Future exports or syndicates publications to 90 countries, making us the UK's number one exporter and licensor of monthly magazines.