Ronimo and dtp have so far released two Awesomenauts Character Showcases, introducing players to Froggy G and Sheriff Lonestar. To determine the next Awesomenaut to be showcased, Ronimo launched a Facebook poll a few weeks ago. The votes are in, and dtp and Ronimo Games are proud to present the clear winner: Leon Chameleon, the French assassin.
Leon's life is one filled with crime, women, and borrowing without returning. He lost his arm in an unfortunate jeu de boules incident, and spends most of his time smoothly escaping debt collectors. He found himself becoming the most wanted criminal on the planet after accidentally breaking into the bedroom of the prime minister’s wife, while looking for the wine cellar. Knowing that no amount of charm could save him this time, he planned his escape from the system. This daring plan was eventually delayed because he refused to escape in anything else but a space yacht.
Leon joined the Awesomenauts to earn some quick cash, spending it on beautiful women and exquisite meals. In combat, he puts his natural reptile abilities to some good use, and slices up his enemies with great precision. Combat is a form of art for this green gentleman.
The newest Awesomenauts Showcase featuring Leon Chameleon can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdGO--HMI8I,
Over five minutes of extended gameplay footage of Leon in action is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxjA9bJ9xSo
· Reptile jump: Being a reptile has its advantages- strong leg muscles give Leon the ability to leap high into the air. His tail keeps him stable while mid-air, giving him an agile advantage over his enemies.
· Stealth: As a great tactician, Leon knows the element of surprise can be very useful in combat. Using his natural stealth ability in combination with robotic dummies, he can fool anyone on the battlefield.
· Tongue: Leon takes French kissing a bit too serious, slapping his tongue in your face, grabbing you by the throat and pulling you towards him in one flying swing. Chicks go wild for it!
· Slash: Our tailed rogue loves to stab people in the back, and there is one thing you need for that: a razorsharp lasersword. Also a great tool for making ratatouille.
Some of Leon's available in-game items:
Cheese & garlic mints
Adds a silencing effect to tongue snatch.
Reek like a real human.
Surprise party mask
Adds extra damage to the decloaking first slash.
SURPRISE! Happy stab-you-in-the-neck-day!
Clover of honor
Adds a chance to do a critical strike, dealing more damage with slash.
Awarded to the heroes of the first AI war or whoever has 250 solar.
0208 964 45 45
About Awesomenauts :
The year is 3587, conflict spans the stars. Huge robot armies are locked in an enduring stalemate. At the centre is a team of elite mercenaries fighting for the spoils of war: The Awesomenauts.
Combining the gameplay of classic 2D-platformering titles with that of modern, fast-paced MOBA-games, Awesomenauts allows up to six players to battle against one-another across multiple alien worlds. Featuring a playable roster of unique heroes, Awesomenauts brings ferocious team play and angry, lightsaber-wielding aliens together.
- For the first time in galactic history, Awesomenauts will bring the popular MOBA genre to the 2D plane with rich, detailed environments!
- Adrenaline-pumping action with up to 3 players staining your couch, or 6 players online!
- A roster of unique playable mercenaries, each featuring their own set of skills and upgrades!
- Advanced matchmaking options, which allow you to queue up for online matches without forcing you to wait in a matchmaking lobby!
- Unlock over 100 unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your personal playing style for each match!
- Face melting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!
Awesomenauts is inspired by classic, Saturday-morning cartoons from the 80's, and features a soundtrack that is sure to stick in your head for days!