Haarlem, The Netherlands– August 14, 2008– Today leading Publisher Lighthouse Interactive, part of SilverBirch Inc.'s (SVB:TSXV) video game division, and accomplished developer Kerberos Productions, announced the upcoming release of A Murder of Crows, the latest add-on to their highly acclaimed 4X space strategy game Sword of the Stars (PC). This exemplifies Kerberos Productions' continued commitment to the dedicated Sword of the Stars community. Players are required to have either Sword of the Stars: Collector's Edition or Born of Blood in order to play this new addition to the franchise. A Murder of Crows will be available at retail stores across the United Kingdom in September 2008 and is available for purchase online at www.GamersGate.com.
Six never-before-seen screenshots accompany this press release. Download them at: www.lighthouse-interactive.com
While the four civilized races battle back the voracious Zuul and seek advantage over each other, a ghost from the past returns to the galaxy in the form of the manipulative Morrigi. Already known for their dark crow-shaped attack drones and deadly traps, this race once thought long extinct, returns looking for vengeance.
Using never-before-seen weapons, ships and tactics, the Morrigi fall upon the other five races of the Sword of the Stars universe, who must now adapt to the ancient masters of space or be destroyed.
Time is of the essence as world after world falls to the black winged ships that surge out of the dark like A Murder of Crows.
• A New Sixth race– The Morrigi, who appeared as a series of mysterious random events in Born of Blood (the first Sword of the Stars expansion pack), continues to evolve the ever-expanding Sword of the Stars universe
• New Ship Sections - Over a dozen new ship sections for all races to match against your opponents
• Unique 'Grav Flock' Drive System for Morrigi Ships– The more Morrigi ships in a fleet, the faster they can travel, continuing the racial diversity unique to the Sword of the Stars gameplay experience
• 15 new weapons
• 27 new technologies and the new Xeno-Cultural and Drones tech trees
• Sword of the Stars gameplay continues to deepen with Civilian populations, independent worlds, Espionage options, and demands for planetary surrender
• Drone carrying ships in all three size classes
• Construction ships, a variety of orbital stations, spy ships, Police Cutters, and more
• A whole new set of GUI enhancements and additions
About Kerberos Productions
Kerberos Productions is a gathering of seasoned video game developers, with over 35 years of collective experience, based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Before forming their own company, the team was responsible in the development of both Homeworld: Cataclysm for Sierra and Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon for Disney Interactive. Team members have also worked on over a dozen hit games, including: Homeworld, Ground Control, Team Fortress, and Counterstrike. With an interest in games of all types, Kerberos intends to establish a reputation in the gaming industry by applying their experience against a high standard of strategy and action games. Kerberos is a unified group of industry veterans who do not just make video games… but play and understand them! www.kerberos-productions.com
About SilverBirch Inc.
Toronto-based SilverBirch Inc. (SVB:TSXV) is a fully integrated developer, publisher and distributor of high quality interactive media content and, through its Jambo Mobile division, provides mobile marketing and direct-to-consumer mobile content. In addition, the company is a multi-platform video game developer and operates an MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role-playing game) game called Metin 2 (see www.metin2.us). For more information, please visit www.silverbirchstudios.com and www.jambomobile.com.
About Lighthouse Interactive
Lighthouse Interactive is a fastgrowing publisher of interactive entertainment with offices established in Toronto and Montreal, Canada, Haarlem, The Netherlands and London, England. The company is focused on bringing strong titles to the worldwide market in a wide array of genres including: RPG, Simulation, Adventure, Action and Strategy. Staffed with industry veterans, Lighthouse is the right choice for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience.
Tel: +31 23 540 9449