93 Games, Ascaron and Cyanide Studio are equipping gamers for a fantastic adventure with the release of this single-player demo for Loki, the legendary hack 'n slash RPG for PC.
In this 991 MB demo, players will jump into the blood-soaked boots of the Norse Warrior, one of the four characters available in the full game. The Norse Warrior is the toughest and most brutal character in the game, and prefers to deal death with two-handed weapons - including his trademark battle axe. As part of the demo campaign, players will have to collect elements needed to defeat Fenrir the legendary giant wolf and will also be able to level their character up to a max of 20 - which means several hours of hack‘n slash fun for those who will want to explore the skill tree of the Scandinavian hero (200 is the maximum level you can reach in the game). In order to do this, players will face hundreds of enemies, wild beasts and other dangerous creatures that live in Myllkwoord forest, in the volcano and in the dungeons of the goblin city.
Loki will be released on August 24, 2007 on PC DVD-Rom.
The demo is available at the following mirrors:
For more information about Loki, please visit http://www.loki-game.com.
Loki is a pure Hack 'n Slash action- RPG in development by Cyanide studio. The game takes players on an incredible journey through four great mythologies. Loki allows the player to take-on the role of one of four heroes - a mighty Norse warrior, a fierce Greek fighter, a powerful Egyptian sorcerer or a skilled Aztec shaman. Each hero comes from a different mythological background, and during the epic adventure of the game's campaign, the player will be faced with a multitude of varied enemies. Hundreds of creatures and opponents of every kind have been created for the game, so that the player is going to have to fight his way past mythological creatures including skeletons, giant spiders, centaurs, mummies, harpies, wild animals, and a vast array of soldiers, all culminating in showdowns with formidable bosses such as Medusa, Fenrir the wolf or Fafnir the dragon. Each boss has a particular way of fighting so the player must discover its weak points. Players will be able to collect or exchange thousands of items, including 500 unique objects, such as Thor's hammer or Achilles' armor.
• An epic adventure through four great mythologies– Aztec, Egyptian, Greek and Norse– allowing the player to live through many of the key episodes that mark these cultures (the siege of Troy, Ragnarok, etc.) and setting him in the path of the most prominent figures within each episodes (Achilles, Thor, Akhenaton,…).
• Choose from four different heroes with their own attributes and powers. Each hero has a vast array of spells and skills to help him in his quest.
• More than 100 beautifully detailed monsters of all shapes and sizes.
• Dare to take on mythological creatures that struck fear into the hearts of our ancestors, including Fenrir the giant wolf and the Minotaur in his labyrinth.
• Weapons, being made of two parts (loosely "handle" + "cutting edge") and from different materials, can be customized at the village forge to change characteristics. Magic runes can also multiply a weapon's wonder.
• Play the adventure with your friends as part of a group or take-on others in PvP mode inside a dedicated on-line arena or dice with death by taking-up one of the on-line challenges.