London, 18th October 2007 - Video Games Live™, sponsored by Microsoft® Xbox 360™ and promoted by IMG Artists and Raymond Gubbay in association with The Southbank Centre, today announces brand new content for its forthcoming show at the Royal Festival Hall on 22nd October. The concert will offer fans the first European opportunity to experience new live scores from some of the most popular games ever released, and will see world famous video game composers such as Marty O’Donnell and Richard Jacques take to the stage and signing area.
One of the highlights of the one-off show will be an exclusive new arrangement of the music from the fastest selling entertainment property in history Halo®3, specially arranged by its composer Marty O’ Donnell, who will be present to meet the public after the show. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix™; Bio Shock™ and the forthcoming Conan are all among the scores that will be played live for the first time. The set list will also feature all-time classics such as Final Fantasy, World of Warcraft, Mario, Zelda and Outrun 2, performed by composer Richard Jacques.
The concert has attracted involvement from other world renowned composers. In total 10 composers of the best-loved games will take to the stage to lead members of Classic FM's Orchestra on Tour, the Philharmonia Orchestra, at a concert that marks the start of this year’s London Games Festival.
The event will also see pre-concert celebrations for fans including a Cosplay competition and Guitar Hero 3 session. Xbox 360 is supporting the show and will treat concert-goers to a number of Xbox® experiences outside and inside the Royal Festival Hall including hands-on play of recent and forthcoming games such as Guitar Hero 3, Scene It?® Lights, Camera, Action, Halo 3, Project Gotham Racing 4 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2008.
Hosted and conducted by co-creators Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, the Philharmonia Orchestra and the London Chorus will perform live alongside exclusive video footage and music arrangements, synchronised lighting, solo performers, electronic percussion, live action and unique interactive segments to create an explosive one-of-a-kind entertainment experience.
“The quality of game music now rivals film soundtracks and modern classical composition,” says Tommy Tallarico.“We are staging a breakthrough event for London with a line up that reads like a who’s who in video game music. Our audience is the ultimate cross-over with music lovers and gaming enthusiasts from all backgrounds, and of all ages booking tickets to this event.”
Award winning artists who will appear on stage in front of the expected audience of 2000 video game and classical music fans include:
· Marty O’Donnell - Composer of Halo, Halo2, Halo3 who will perform a special arrangement from the smash hit game Halo 3, for the first time
· Martin Leung– Known as The Video Game Pianist, Martin is globally-recognized pianist and musical pioneer for the 21st century
· Richard Jacques - Multiple award-winning composer of Mass Effect, The Club, Conflict: Denied Ops, Pursuit Force, Battlestations: Midway, Headhunter Redemption, Jet Set Radio Future, Sonic R, Headhunter, Jet Set Radio, Outrun 2, Sonic 3D, Starship Troopers, who will perform the music from Outrun 2
· Alastair Lindsay - Composer of music from Tempest 2000, Defender 2000, Dropship
· John Broomhall - English composer and audio producer whose credits include XCOM, Geoff Crammond’s Grand Prix 1,2, and 3, Transport Tycoon
· James Hannigan - BAFTA-celebrated composer of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Catwoman, Republic: The Revolution
· Paul Arnold - Composer of MediEvil, Sega Rally, Primal
· Marc Canham - MTV music award nominee, whose credits include Far Cry 2, The Getaway: Black Monday, Reservoir Dogs
· Robin Beanland - Composer of Conker Live and Reloaded, Killer Instinct, Jet Force Gemini
· Nathan McCree - Composer of industry record breaking games Tomb Raider 1,2 and 3, and Swagman
· Steve Burke - Composer of Kameo: Elements of Power, Viva Pinata, and Jetpac Refuelled
The composers will be taking part in a meet-and-greet session following the show, to provide fans with an opportunity to meet their music heroes.
For a taster of the music go to www.videogameslive.com and download your free promotional track from the forthcoming Video Games Live album from EMI Classics.
# # #
For further information or images, please contact
Tel: +44 (0)20 7395 7070
Ben Mason at Fleishman Hillard / email@example.com
Sam Phillips at Fleishman Hillard / firstname.lastname@example.org
About Xbox 360™
Xbox 360 is the most powerful video game and entertainment system, delivering the best games, the next generation of the premier Xbox Live online gaming network and unique digital entertainment experiences that revolve around gamers. Xbox 360 is expected to have a catalogue of 160 high-definition games by the end of 2006 and to be available in nearly 40 countries by the end of 2007. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/xbox360.
About Xbox Live®
Xbox Live is the first and only unified online entertainment network seamlessly integrated throughout the entire console experience, making it easy for people to find the friends, games and entertainment they want from the moment they power on their Xbox 360 system. Xbox Live connects millions of members across nearly 25 countries to enjoy hundreds of multiplayer games, downloadable games via Xbox Live Arcade, free and premium playable game demos, music videos, and movie trailers, as well as new game levels, characters and vehicles for all their favourite retail games. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-us/live
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq“MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Scene IT? Lights, Camera, Action are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.