June 22, 2009—This year, Madden NFL 10 arrives on the Wii with breath-taking visuals that will captivate both seasoned veterans and new comers to the franchise. Completely redesigned and built from the ground up, Madden NFL 10 epitomizes what fun looks like on the Wii, delivering the most social and dynamic experience from the franchise to date.
Invite a friend over to play co-op in Road to the Super Bowl or gather a group at your party to play Madden Showdown. Get together with friends and crown a“King of the Couch” during your pre-game tailgate party or during halftime. Quick, exciting game modes ensure that anytime is the right time for Madden NFL 10 on the Wii.
Madden Showdown is a 1-4 player tournament. Enjoy classic 11-on-11 football or experience the thrill of playing 5-on-5 in this quick, customizable competition, as you and your friends go head-to-head in an effort to become the next Showdown Champion.
There are three major feature components to Madden Showdown:
- <*>Game Changers*> <*>Prediction System*> <*>Spotlight Moments*>
The rules of NFL football have remained largely the same for many years with little to no deviation. Game Changers allows you to change all of that with a click of the Wiimote. Users can mix and match between eight different options, each placing a unique spin on the game.
- <*>All Passing Plays
- <*>If three yards and a cloud of dust just isn’t for you, then turn this option on and never look back
- <*>You’ll be pounding through the tackles and running for daylight on every play if you choose this option
- <*>Everyone gets a bad case of the butter fingers when you turn this option on
- <*>Keep your eyes peeled because you never know when the player lined up across from you might just disappear
- <*>You can thank your coach for drilling the concept of“keep playing until the whistle blows” into your head, because in this mode the play might not be over when you think it is
- <*>Pick this option and you’ll never know what you’re going to get from one game to the next
- <*>You only have one play to advance the ball before turning it over to your opponent, so make the most of it
- <*>For those impatient types, this option will finally get the game of football caught up to your speed.*>
- <*>Coin Flip*> <*>First Team to Score*> <*>First Quarterback Sack*> <*>Last Team to Score*> <*>Longest Field Goal*> <*>Longest Pass*> <*>Longest Run*> <*>Most Extra Points*> <*>Most Field Goal Attempts*> <*>Most First Downs*> <*>Most Passing Attempts*> <*>Most Passing Completions*> <*>Most Passing Yards*> <*>Most Rushing Attempts*> <*>Most Rushing Yards*> <*>Most Sacks*> <*>Most Tackles*> <*>Most Time of Possession*> <*>Most Third Down Conversions*> <*>Most Total Yards*> <*>Most Two Point Conversions*> <*>Most Yards After Catch*> <*>Overtime*> <*>Total Combined Points*>
Experience the drama of game-changing plays with Spotlight Moments. During critical situations, cameras move in tight and gameplay slows down to allow you to influence the biggest plays of the game. During these moments, micro-games are created that allow players of all skill levels to experience and influence the game’s most crucial moments.
- <*>Open Field Tackle
- <*>Break or shake a tackle for a big gain
- <*>On the deep attack, battle for possession of the ball while it’s in the air
- <*>Beat the defender to the end zone for the touchdown
- <*>Buy the QB more time to throw by avoiding incoming defenders.*>