Prague, Czech Republic, January 10th, 2011 – Keen Software House is proud to announce a new public demo of Miner Wars 2081 featuring major improvements for in-game editor and several gameplay features and a new competition for the best space sectors (level design).
Brand new features, major improvements to in-game editor, lots of new gameplay stuff are coming together with the new public demo of Miner Wars 2081. After months of hard work on VRAGE engine core, the team has moved onto development of gameplay features and the first bunch of them is available with this release. The editor has undergone major changes and improvements – are you ready to create your own space sectors, space stations and space ships?
So what is there waiting for you to try?
- Massive improvements to editor (build your stations from prefab modules; save up to 27 sectors; hundreds of ready-made prefabs; snap points for easier manipulation with objects; improved voxel hand; selection groups and more)
- Importing user-made 3D models
- Fully destructible prefabs – blow them out!
- Survival gameplay – keep an eye on fuel and electricity levels
- Inventory screen
- Foundation factory – construct prefabs and place them in in-game builder
- Radar detectors, radar jammer – no-one will hear you cry
- Aiming helper
- Builder mode
- New particle effects (explosions, sparks, smoke etc.)
- Numerous fixes and minor changes
Other recent news:
- Launched Miner Wars Frontline Developer program – Earn cash, get special rewards, try your skills in competitions and participate in Miner Wars 2081 development! ( http://www.minerwars.com/MWFD.aspx)
- Affiliate Program (Earn 25% For Purchases Through Your Link – Lifetime - http://www.minerwars.com/Affiliate.aspx)
- Social network integration on our website (like, follow, digg…)
- Facebook comments on various pages of www.minerwars.com (write your comments to About, FAQ, Pictures etc.)
- Possibility to pay via GoCash GameCard ( http://www.gocashgamecard.com)
- Contributions are now a way to earn Qualification Points (instead of free Miner Wars license).
Notes: Miner Wars 2081 is currently available for pre-sales with 50% discount. All presented features are still in development and may require higher performance than expected or need more polishing. We welcome all gamers’ feedback at our forums ( http://www.minerwars.com/Forum.aspx) or via email ( email@example.com).
Level Design Competition: Deadline for the competition submissions is the 1 st of April. Send us the sectors you make and win cool prizes!
- 1 st Place: 100 USD Reward + Full Miner Wars 2081 game + 3000 QP
- 2 nd Place: 75 USD Reward + Full Miner Wars 2081 game + 2000 QP
- 3 rd Place: 50 USD Reward + Full Miner Wars 2081 game + 1500 QP
Qualification Points and MW Frontline Developer Program
The most creative and resourceful players can become part of our team and participate in Miner Wars development and promotion. Keep in mind that responsibility comes together with the possibilities and benefits. If you decide to take part in Miner Wars development, the future of Miner Wars is also in your hands! For a list of benefits and special rewards for MW Frontline Developers, see http://www.minerwars.com/MWFD/
ABOUT MINER WARS
Miner Wars 2081 is a 6DOF interior and space shooter played in a fully destructible environment featuring single player, co-op, and standard multi-player modes, with an MMOG in the planning stages.
As a player, you operate an advanced mining ship in an open world asteroid belt area.
You dig kilometers of tunnels, harvest the ore, travel the solar system, fight your enemies and discover mysterious alien secrets. Game-play is led by an epic story and is a combination of a single/multi-player game, cooperative, or you against everyone.
The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue, exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth, search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing or just flying around and destroying everything you see.
World release: Q1 2012
Platform: Windows, Xbox 360 Live Arcade
ABOUT KEEN SOFTWARE HOUSE:
Keen Software House a. s is an independent software development and publishing company focused on creating innovative video games. We are passionate gamers who love developing games and we want to make games that people like to play.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
Game page: http://www.MinerWars.com/
(Feel free to use pictures, videos and texts from this site to preview the Miner Wars game)
Press contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company web-site: http://www.KeenSWH.com/