Press Release - for immediate distribution
Doncaster, UK - 25th January 2012
The release of the highly anticipated “Go Anywhere - Play Anything” retro gaming device, GameGadget, has been scheduled for Friday 30 th March 2012.
With an SRP of £99.99 GameGadget will be exclusively available from www.gamegadget.net.
GameGadget offers gamers, game developers and game publishers, unrivalled choice and flexibility in how they play, create and sell games. Described as the “iPod for Games” GameGadget is the first games console to be developed in the UK since the heyday of Spectrum and Amstrad over 20 years ago.
GameGadget are working directly with video game publishers and developers to license their back catalogue via a proprietary “iTunes” style digital download platform, creating the ultimate retro gaming handheld.
Operating as a market place, games will be available at a variety of price points, set by the publisher with the opportunity to sell games singularly and in bundles.
You can still view the GameGadget early visualisation video here:
GameGadget are also able to confirm the working specification of the device:
- CPU core: 433mhz dual core CPU
- Internal Ram: 64MB RAM / 2GB Flash RAM
- Input: D-Pad, 2 shoulder, 4 face, Start, Select & Reset buttons
- Outputs: Stereo Speakers, Headphones Jack & TV-out
- Display: 3.5” LCD
- Screen Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels resolution (16 BIT colour)
- Battery: Li-Ion (rechargeable)
- Additional Storage: SD/SDHC
- Connectivity: Micro USB
- Dimensions: 140 W x 75 H x 16 D (mm)