SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF. - Aug. 1, 2008 - In Mastiff's Major League Eating: The Game, now available via WiiWare TM , players who battle their way to victory, unlocking each of the game's hidden characters along the way, will be rewarded with the ultimate unlockable character: The Alaskan Crusher.
Hailing from Alaska's Kodiak Archipelago, The Alaskan Crusher is considered one of the world's largest terrestrial omnivores. He prefers the brain, flesh and eggs of the salmon, and the internal organs of deer, elk and cattle. He is also extremely fond of berries, grass and other plants.
In order to face The Alaskan Crusher, players must unlock each of the hidden characters in Major League Eating: The Game. Once each hidden character is available, The Alaskan Crusher will be unlocked. Hidden characters are unlocked by winning a match with a specific character as follows:
• Win a game with "Crazy Legs" Conti to unlock Tim "Eater X" Janus
• Win a game with Erik "the Red" Denmark to unlock Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas
• Win a game with "El Toro" Jimenez to unlock Richard "The Locust" LeFevre
• Win a game with Juliet "The Lovely" Lee to unlock Patrick "Deep Dish" Bertoletti
• Win a game with Patrick "Deep Dish" Bertoletti to unlock Joey "Jaws" Chestnut
Only one eater, competitive eating legend Takeru Kobayashi, has ever dared face a Kodiak bear in head-to-head gurgitory competition, and Kobayashi suffered a crushing defeat on that day five years ago. Will Kobayashi find his revenge? Only time will tell.
Michael Meyers PR