For Immediate Release
Staten Island, NY, June 29th, 2009– Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com) and 2by3 Games ( www.2by3games.com) are proud to announce that Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is in development.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said“War in the East is still in the early stages of development but already the gameplay is proving to be fantastic. We know anticipation for this title is very high and we look forward to giving you more and more details about yet another 2by3 Games blockbuster as they become available!”
Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results. As with all the award-winning titles made by the 2by3 Games team, factors such as supply, fatigue, experience, morale and the skill of your divisional, corps and army leaders all play an important part in determining the results at the front line. Gary Grigsby’s War in the East will come with a massive Eastern Front scenario as well as smaller scenarios all with different strategic and operational challenges.
• 10 miles per hex and Weekly turns
• 25,760 hexes or over 2.5 million square miles of battlespace
• Division sized maneuver units (with some brigades/regiments and Soviet Corps)
• German Corps/Army HQs and Soviet Army/Front HQs
• Map covers from 100 miles west of Berlin in the west to the Urals in the east, and from 150 miles north of Leningrad in the north to Baku and Sofia in the south.
• Independent Corps/Army battalions to attach to maneuver units
• Air units by group in their own airbase units
• Detailed production
• Losses in individual vehicles and squads
• Detailed yet automatic accounting for support personnel and supplies/fuel/ammunition
• Historical commander ratings
• Accounts for troops/vehicles that are disrupted, disabled and fatigued
• Accurately depicts the need for training units before entering combat
• Detailed weather zones and ice levels
• Full war as well as smaller scenarios
• Intricate Fog of War rules and unit detection levels
Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is scheduled to be available by the end of 2009, get more information on the game from its official product page.
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2000, Matrix Games has published over four dozen titles and several award-winning games, including Gary Grigsby’s War in the Pacific, Close Combat: The Longest Day, Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare, John Tiller’s Campaign Series, Conquest of the Aegean, Crown of Glory: Emperor’s Edition, Battles In Normandy and Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War III. Matrix Games is based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com.
(Additional box art and other art assets, including flat and 300+ dpi box images, are available from the Matrix Games Press Media Area“Media” section)