For Immediate Release
Staten Island, NY, October 30th, 2009– Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com) and Niels Bauer Games ( www.nielsbauergames.com) are excited to announce the release of a playable demo for Smugglers IV - Doomsday. This demo will give gamers an in depth look at the fun and challenging turn-based space-trading game. In addition, a new batch of screenshots is also available for viewing to mark the release of the demo.
The demo is available from our downloads page and these mirrors: Worth Downloading, Patches-Scrolls, and Gamer’s Hell.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said“The Smugglers IV - Doomsday demo is a blast to play and should give gamers a good introduction to what our updated Matrix Games release has to offer. The game is so easy to pickup and so hard to put down that any type of gaming fan should give this free demo a try.”
Through trading, fulfilling missions, or pirating, you can earn the money and skills necessary to buy new ships and upgrade your equipment. As success brings larger ships, missions, and enemies, you'll have to manage a crew, board&plunder enemy ships, and even conquer star systems. You can move up in rank with the factions you align with and gain special abilities and powers as you become more experienced. Smugglers IV offers addicting open-ended gameplay where the opportunities for victory are virtually limitless– make your choices wisely, however, as your actions will ultimately have an impact on a galactic scale!
• Acquire up to 60 different abilities and choose between 6 different professions (trader, combat trader, mercenary, bounty hunter, smuggler, and pirate).
• 24 star systems with over 75 planets. Visit your favorite planets or discover some new systems. Beautifully crafted planet art.
• Four different factions with completely different ship textures, uniforms and medals (depending on your success you can pin rank signs, ribbons and medals on your proud chest).
• Completely new spaceships ranging from small fighters and corvettes up to large freighters and battleships.
• Crew combat featuring battle droids, EMP weapons and commando attacks. You can board and capture enemy ships.
• The ships have special equipment and abilities that makes every spaceship unique.
• Turn-based space combat system including different abilities such as cloaking, recharging shields, boarding enemy ships, etc.
• Advanced trade systems (Realistic supply-and-demand based pricing for those who love to trade)
• Non-linear war and campaign system. You can influence the war and how you do that is now displayed even better.
• And much, much more...
Get more information on Smugglers IV– Doomsday from its official product page: http://www.matrixgames.com/products/375/details/SmugglersIV-Doomsday
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2000, Matrix Games has published over four dozen titles and several award-winning games, including Gary Grigsby’s War in the Pacific, Close Combat: The Longest Day, Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare, John Tiller’s Campaign Series, Conquest of the Aegean, Crown of Glory: Emperor’s Edition, Battles In Normandy and Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War III. Matrix Games is based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com.
ABOUT NIELS BAUER GAMES
Niels Bauer Games is an independent game developer from Freiburg, Germany. Since 1998 we have been creating addictive casual games for PC-Windows. Our games are distributed world-wide, especially in European and North American markets. Our games are focused on replayability and combine the complexity of full-price games with the easy accessibility of casual games.
(Additional box art and other art assets, including flat and 300+ dpi box images, are available from the Matrix Games Press Media Area“Media” section)