For Immediate Release
Staten Island, NY, June 22nd, 2009– Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com) and Wastelands Interactive are thrilled to announce WW2: Time of Wrath, a beautifully crafted World War II grand strategy game and sequel to the 2008 release WW2: Road to Victory! Customers who already purchased WW2: Road to Victory will be able download WW2: Time of Wrath from our Members Club free of charge when the new game is available for purchase.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said“WW2: Time of Wrath is a turn-based grand strategy game that fully models all aspects of strategic-level World War II decision-making while keeping a hex scale that allows for more of an operational warfare feel. We think it’s a great mix for wargamers of all levels and the improvements made in this new release are way more than skin deep. We at Matrix Games and Wastelands Interactive are also happy to provide current owners of WW2: Road to Victory with the mega update that is Time of Wrath free of charge!”
From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations. A diplomacy system based on political points allows you to sway possible allies to your side. An upgraded and expanded naval combat system includes fleet engagements, combat patrols, massive aircraft carriers, elusive raiders and U-Boats as well as a convoy system.
Concentrate precious industrial resources on building, training and upgrading a wide variety of combat units from airborne soldiers and armored divisions up to nuclear weapons! Historical leaders enhance the performance of your armies and hundreds of historical events like the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, Lend-Lease and more give you choices that can change the course of history. WW2: Time of Wrath is fought across turns that vary in length by season and 25 km hexes with divisions and corps, giving the player a broad strategic picture of the war while still leaving enough room for operational decisions.
• Four Grand Campaigns (1939, 1940, 1941 and 1944) cover the full war in the European Theater, lasting up to 1948 for maximum flexibility
• Two Scenarios (Fall Weiss and Overlord)
• Simple and intuitive user interface with engrossing historical gameplay
• Hundreds of historical events such as Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, Vienna Dictate, Lend-Lease, and many more.
• Play as any nation and as any combination of countries to experience the war through a unique perspective.
• Air and Land Combat, including Sieges, Interceptions, Strategic Bombardment, Air Recon, Fleet Air attacks, Bombardment.
• Enhanced naval system that includes Aircraft Carriers, Battle, Patrol and Submarine Groups. Managing fleets, convoys and raiders in Sea Zones.
• Air forces now extend their power over nearby sea zones.
• Advanced weather system simulates spring and autumn / rainfall and snow. Beware of General Winter! Weather conditions have a different effect on each country.
• Any combination of move and attack is allowed as long as Action Points are available.
• Technological race in research of new more powerful units.
• Mulberry harbors now available as a helpful and powerful tool in preparation for huge landing operations.
• Paratroopers conduct airborne landings help to take distant key point locations.
• Fully historical, detailed orders of battle in all scenarios with historical names for hundreds of land, air and naval units.
• Land units divided are into Divisional and Corps size allowing the player to choose what best fits his economy and play style.
• Historical commanders boost the effectiveness of units under their care.
• Improved A.I. to perform better at the strategic and tactical level.
• An innovative naval combat model and realistic supply convoy attack system
• A simple yet immersive political point system for diplomatic relations– alienate enemies and solidify ties with allies
• A healthy variety of combat units to command from armored and airborne forces to strategic bombers and battleships– even nukes!
• Random historical events that can guide and shape the course of the war
Get more information on WW2: Time of Wrath from its official product page.
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2000, Matrix Games has published over three dozen titles and several award-winning games, including War in the Pacific, Conquest of the Aegean, Gary Grigsby's World At War: A World Divided, Crown of Glory, Battles In Normandy, Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare, Starshatter: The Gathering Storm and The Operational Art of War III. Matrix Games is based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com.
(Additional box art and other art assets, including flat and 300+ dpi box images, are available from the Matrix Games Press Media Area“Media” section)