McDROID is a fast-paced action-tower defense with some farming and tons of weird creatures.
Defend your shuttle against a variety of crazed alien species as they mutate, corrupt the ground or even turn your crops against you. Load up on weapons, bring your friends (drop-in/drop-out co-op) and take the battle to them. If it gets too crazy, turtle up behind your defensive perimeter and assume direct control of the lasers.
Farming/Battle robot “McDROID” has been knocked off course by space debris and crash lands on the mysterious planet M. Discover the secret of mega-corporation GLACeNTO as you research, upgrade your weapons, outwit the critters and heal the planet.
- Modular weapon droid: mount weapons and factories on your back and fight hands-on or plant them on power nodes and let the turtling begin
- Bliss/Corruption game mechanic: the ground will amplify or deplete you depending on its condition
- Mutation: don’t leave these strawberries lying around for too long, also certain monsters transform your strawberry plants into lethal bomb trees.
- Coop: help your friend complete the story missions or play in an arena mode designed for four players.
- Challenge: As you complete each story level you unlock the challenge and nightmare modes. Your weapons, gold (and unfortunately also any mutated crops) persist through these levels - no turret left behind.
Release date: 23rd January 2013
Price: $14.99 USD / £9.99 GBP / €12.99 EUR / $15.99 AUD
Beta now available on Desura at 50% discount: http://desura.com/games/mcdroid
"Worth keeping an eye on" - Alec Meer, Rock Paper Shotgun
"The unique presentation, mechanics and evolution of the genre makes this a highly promising debut release" - Zed, Indiestatik
"It feels great when an indie game actually surprises me :D" - Etalyx, GamersDissent
“It’s a FSM damned time vampire." - Venn Stone, Linux Game Cast