The first release from California-based indie studio Elefantopia LLC, McDROID is a fast-paced hybrid of third person shooter, tower defence, bullet hell and real time strategy with an undercurrent of wacky, surreal humour in a colourful world.
Defend your shuttle against a variety of crazed alien species as they mutate, corrupt the ground or even turn your crops against you. Load up on weapons, bring your friends (drop-in/drop-out co-op) and take the battle to them. If it gets too crazy, turtle up behind your defensive perimeter and assume direct control of the lasers.
Model 1 Farming/Battle robot “McDROID” has been knocked off course by space debris and crash lands on the mysterious planet M. Discover the secret of mega-corporation GLACeNTO as you research, upgrade your weapons, outwit the critters and heal the planet.
- Modular weapon droid: mount weapons and factories on your back and fight hands-on or plant them on defensive turret mounts and let the turtling begin
- Bliss/corruption game mechanic: the ground will amplify or deplete you depending on its condition
- Mutation: don’t leave these strawberries lying around for too long, also certain monsters transform your strawberry plants into lethal bomb trees.
- Coop: help your friend complete the story missions or play in an arena mode designed for four players.
- Challenge: As you complete each story level you unlock the challenge and nightmare modes. Your weapons, gold (and unfortunately also any mutated crops) persist through these levels - no turret left behind.
Elefantopia LLC is an indie microstudio run by Laurent Lavigne, a newcomer to the games industry who previously worked on production of a number of Hollywood movies including The Matrix series, Mission Impossible: III and Transformers ( www.previs.org).