ISSUED: 27 April 2011
For Immediate Release
Master Shoo is excited to announce the forthcoming release of Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar! Roaring, slashing, burping and vomiting its way onto the onto the PlayStation®Store next week; the minis game will be available on both PlayStation®3 and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable).
Developed by Cohort Studios; Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar! is a single player arcade style action game where the player takes control of a Monster during their rites of passage to become a Monstar Guardian. The game takes place in a world formed from people’s dreams and imagination; where farts are deadly weapons and Fear is your enemy. As a monster embarking upon their rites of passage to become a MONSTAR; feed on Dreams, beat the opposition and grow in power to do battle with the invading Fears and Nightmares!
Under the watchful eye of Master Shoo; punch, fart, and holler your way through 30 rip-roaring stages. Monstrously addictive features include:
· Claws– punches that now perforate your enemies
· Charge– sharpen your horns and launch into a turbo, fart-powered, head-butting frenzy
· Roar - unleash a verbal assault to cause complete moral indignation
· Vindaloonatic Curry - atomic blast that will clear the room and your belly
· Chunder Cheese - chain reaction projectile vomit
· Napalm Chilli - fiery burps a dragon would be proud of
· Hoots mon Haggis– utter invincibility
· Ice Scream - attracts all Dreams right to you
For more information:
- <*> www.memonstar.com *> <*> www.facebook.com/memonstarworld *> <*> www.youtube.com/user/CohortStudios - now includes the story of*>
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. Cohort Studios was founded in 2006 and is now in its fifth year of business. As one of the leading game development studios in the UK, Cohort is registered as an official developer across all current home console formats. Comprising a team of over 25 people, and based in the vibrant Scottish city of Dundee, Cohort Studios is wholly owned by its three founding directors; Lol Scragg (CEO), Bruce McNeish (CTO) and Darran Thomas (CCO), who between them have over 46 years of experience in game development, having worked on projects for companies as diverse as Psygnosis, Bullfrog, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, Electronic Arts (EA) and Visual Science. Cohort Studios is responsible for bringing the hugely successful‘Buzz!™ Junior’ franchise to the PlayStation 3 platform and most recently‘The Shoot’; a first party PlayStation Move launch title for SCEE, released in October 2010. Cohort Studios is also proud to be the first Scottish game developer to be a recognised Investor in People, a UK government-backed business improvement framework that has a special focus on employee relations. For more information, please visit www.cohortstudios.com.
2. Photo/Images are always encouraged and made available if required.
3. Representatives from Cohort Studios Ltd are often available for comment on appropriate product and industry issues.
Name: Grant Alexander Position: Marketing Manager Email: Grant.Alexander@cohortstudios.com
Telephone: +44(0)1382 201 714