Brighton, September 1 st, 2011 – The UK and Irish retail version of Men of War: Vietnam, the latest instalment in the blockbuster RTS series Men of War, will see some extra bonus contents in the box: The retail version will include 5 exclusive bonus missions as well as a soundtrack CD customers who are purchasing the download version won’t be receiving. The boxed version will be available in retail shops throughout the UK and Ireland from 16 th September, 2011 onwards.
In Men of War: Vietnam, two intense story-driven campaigns let players feel the Vietnam war experience, including the explosive mix of the jungle, Hueys and rock-n-roll in early 1968.
The US campaign focuses on a team of elite spec ops soldiers, each one of them with their own unique personality. The unit includes Sergeant John Merrill, machine gunner Jim Walsh, sniper Sonny Armstrong, grenade launcher operator Carl Dillan and combat engineer Bill Kirby. In some missions they can count only on themselves, while in the others they act together with regular US and South-Vietnamese troops.
The North Vietnam campaign tells the story of two Soviet military consultants and soldiers of the North Vietnam Army who are the only survivors of an ambush by US troops. The task of getting back to the North Vietnam territory is a difficult one: they have no means of radio communication, no wheeled vehicles, and it’s too far to make it there by foot. On their way these warriors will be involved in a chain of bloody engagements and find themselves in the dead center of the Tet offensive. Their missions range from special operations to full scale battles.
- There are two sides in every story, so two new story-driven campaigns attempt to show the war from both sides.
- Breathtaking missions including an ambush on the Ho Chi Minh trail, a game of cat and mouse in the Mekong Delta, raids into Cambodia and Laos, bridge defense during the Tet offensive and more.
- New weapons and units: M-16, T-54, M-113, Patton III, M-60, AK-47, M-14, RPG-2, M-72 LAW, RPK and many more.
- Considerably improved graphics to include HDR and other special effects.
- Thoroughly recreated authentic Vietnam environment, buildings and other realia.
- Specially composed original soundtrack.
- Multiplayer mode – co-op for up to 4 players.