Portland, OR - Independent developer Black Jacket Studios announced their first title,“Metal Drift” is fully released today on Steam. In addition to the full release there is now a demo available for a test drive of the new shooter.
Metal Drift is a vehicular sport combat game set in a distant future. You command an agile, high powered hover tank in a futuristic sports arena. Core game play centers on intense tank-on-tank multiplayer team combat seen through an immersive, first person cockpit. Layered on this is a goal-oriented game type that allows for high level strategy and team dynamics. Players can level up to unlock new ranks, weapons, and upgrades.
Each weapon and upgrade is specifically designed and balanced to allow different styles of play. Pair up the Stealth upgrade and the Shock Cannon to uncloak behind an enemy player and unload a devastating blow before disappearing again. Or choose the Sensor upgrade to see where all the nearby players are, and the Temporal Cannon to shoot them through walls! There are 56 possible combinations– choose whichever suits your strategy.
• Multiplayer team-based vehicular combat
• 5 Different arenas featuring multiple levels and boost tunnels
• Persistent leveling system– level-up to unlock new weapons and upgrades
• Stats and Leaderboards
• 56 Different tank configurations
• 18 Steam Achievements, with more coming soon!
• Unique energy management system– accumulate energy and then distribute it to weapons or use it to gain a speed boost!
Steam page - http://store.steampowered.com/app/32200
Demo page - http://store.steampowered.com/app/32210
Official Metal Drift - http://www.metaldrift.com
Black Jacket Studios - http://www.blackjacketstudios.com
Promo video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkHAvhKgKEI