STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN– 18th October 2010– PAN Vision Group, a leading independent Nordic publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment based in Stockholm Sweden, in conjunction with Mercis bv, the Amsterdam based licensor, are pleased to announce that Miffy’s World is now available to download on WiiWare™ priced at 1000 Nintendo Points.
Developed by independent Portuguese game developer Biodroid, and featuring the star of approximately 120 books which have sold in excess of 85 million copies worldwide since her debut in 1955, Miffy’s World is a simulation game world for children featuring the rabbit Miffy and her cast of animal friends. Helping to stimulate the creative aspects of the imagination through the game’s quests and puzzles, children are encouraged to explore the world of Miffy and interact with its array of colourful characters.
In Miffy’s World the child plays as Miffy, exploring different locations and performing small quests, interacting with friends and objects, and accessing a series of educational mini-games. In multiplayer mode, one adult playing either as Miffy’s mother or father can escort the child, tutoring them on all aspects of the World or helping them to solve the mini-games.
• Single player or two-player
• 2D wrap-around circular world comprised of the main characters’ houses (Miffy, Poppy, Boris, and more) and other locations including the School and the Playground
• Game world designed to replicate the aesthetic of the much loved books
• Game world comprised of four Miffy experiences– World, Zoo, Seaside, Mountains– each with their own individual locations
• In-game time synchronized with the real world via the Wii’s internal clock.
• Three playable characters– Miffy, Mom and Dad
• Eight non-playable characters– Poppy, Grunty, Boris, Barbara, Aunt Alice, Melanie, Snuffy and the Teacher
• Interactive puzzles, object discovery, quests, character interaction and maps
For press inquiries and interview requests please contact:
Tel; +44 (0)7980 056 067
About PAN Vision
PAN Vision is the leading independent distributor and publisher of games and films in the Nordic region with a turnover of€140 million. The company has its own offices throughout the Scandinavian countries as well as the Baltic countries and has 170 employees. The HQ is situated in Stockholm.
Mercis B.V. with its principal office in Amsterdam, has been managing Dick Bruna’s worldwide copyrights since 1971 and is closely involved in the development of all the merchandise and media productions. Mercis Publishing B.V. is the publisher of the Dick Bruna books.
About Biodroid Entertainment
Biodroid Entertainment is a Lisbon based game IP developer that adds value by creating and producing innovative products based on strong existing IPs. We maximize IP value through cross-platform digital media mainly, but not exclusively in the videogame market. We assure that the success factors of IP are rightly capitalized and translated across formats and platforms. We chose creativity as fuel and Intellectual Property as the resource for our factory: we partner with the licensor, we manage and we take it to the market.
Nintendo trademarks used under license. WiiWare is only available through the Wii console