Dear Journalists & Community,
Miner Wars 2081 Beta is now available on Steam! If you own copy of Miner Wars 2081 (purchased at www.minerwars.com, Desura, Gamestop, Gamersgate, or almost any other place):
1) Get your Steam key: http://www.minerwars.com/SteamKeys.aspx
2) Open your Steam client; go to menu; click 'Games'; then 'Activate a product on Steam'
3) Type the key and wait until the game installs
4) Enjoy Miner Wars 2081
If you don’t own Miner Wars 2081 – you still can purchase the Beta from our site: http://www.minerwars.com
Official launch date is November 28 th, only one week from now. On launch day, the game will update itself from beta to full game.
Journalists – you can use this updated Miner Wars art pack: http://mirror1.minerwars.com/Downloads/MinerWarsArtPack.zip
I myself enjoy playing Miner Wars and I am surprised how engaging the story actually is.
The game now uses Steam Cloud. We are now adding Steam Achievements.
Marek Rosa & The Miner Wars Team
Miner Wars 2081
Miner Wars 2081 is a 6DOF action-survival space-shooter simulation-game set in the year 2081, 10 years after the destruction of all planetary objects in the Solar System.
You operate an advanced mining ship in a fully destructible and open-world environment, which remains persistent as you complete missions or play online with others. Realism and survival are key aspects of gameplay. Inventory and the way you use resources such as fuel, ammunition, oxygen, ore, and weapons are important when surrounded by dozens of warring factions.
The gameplay is driven by an epic story and offers a choice of single player, co-op, and death-match multi-player.
The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue, exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth, search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing, or just flying around and destroying everything you see.
- Fully destructible and persistent (dig through asteroids, build / destroy space stations ...)
- Seamless transition between outdoor and indoor environments
- Full Solar System traveling (billions of sectors)
- 6DOF - six degrees of freedom
- Skill-based game
- Fast adrenaline-pumping action
- Joystick Support
- Story campaign - 31 epic missions
- Mining and Exploration – Players are encouraged to explore and harvest
- Trading & Looting
- 50 weapons, armors, medicines, tools...
- 22 player ships
- RPG-like / Survival game-play
- Co-op up to 16 players
- Death-match up to 16 players
Survival & Sandbox
- Factions (Fourth Reich, Euro-American Confederation, China …)
- Devoted community which crowd-funded the development
- In-game editor
Gameplay time: about 15 hours of straight game play, but could take you much longer considering the free-roaming / sandbox gameplay, in-game editor and multi-player
ABOUT KEEN SOFTWARE HOUSE:
Keen Software House a. s. is an independent software development and publishing company focused on creating innovative video games. We are passionate gamers who love developing games, and we are committed to making the kinds of games that players crave.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
Game page: http://www.MinerWars.com/
(Feel free to use pictures, videos and texts from this site to preview the Miner Wars game)
Press contact: email@example.com
Company web-site: http://www.KeenSWH.com/