Miner Wars 2081 is just a few weeks from BETA.
Solar System in Miner Wars 2081 has billions of procedurally generated sectors, but only a sector built by a human is deep enough to offer interesting game play experience.
BETA is knocking on the doors and we have only few weeks to decide which user-created sector makes it into the official campaign.
This is your last chance to get sectors you have created to the official story campaign. At this moment we have 216 user created sectors. Not all of them will make it into the official campaign, but if we want to populate the universe, we are going to need MORE - more sectors, richer sectors, deeper sectors.
How to get your sector into the campaign?
- Open in-game editor in Miner Wars 2081 (you need to own a copy of MW 2081 to use in-game editor)
- Build your sector with asteroids, space stations, space ships - design it as if it was a real-life construction. All details have to make sense.
- Add enemy spawn points and waypoints
- Choose factions of stations, enemies and friends
- Post screenshot, your username, sector coordinates or name to http://www.minerwars.com/ForumTopic.aspx?id=2668 - so we can find it and integrate to official game
- Hint: use lights! Lights have 80% impact on the final result. Lights, lights, lights.
Why should you do this?
- Miner Wars 2081 will become your game too
- Your name in credits
Marek Rosa & The Miner Wars Team
ABOUT MINER WARS
Miner Wars is a 6DOF interior and exterior space shooter played in a fully destructible environment. Miner Wars 2081 features single player, co-op, and standard multi-player modes. Miner Wars MMO is a massively multiplayer online game situated in the same game universe.
As a player, you operate an advanced mining ship in an open-world asteroid belt area. You dig extensive tunnels, harvest ore, travel the solar system, fight enemies, and discover mysterious alien secrets. Gameplay is driven by an epic story and offers a choice of single/multi-player game, cooperative, or you against everyone.
The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue, exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth, search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing, or just flying around and destroying everything you see.
Miner Wars 2081 – Q3-Q4 2012
Miner Wars MMO – Q4 2013
ABOUT KEEN SOFTWARE HOUSE:
Keen Software House a. s. is an independent software development and publishing company focused on creating innovative video games. We are passionate gamers who love developing games, and we are committed to making the kinds of games that players crave.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
Game page: http://www.MinerWars.com/
(Feel free to use pictures, videos and texts from this site to preview the Miner Wars game)
Press contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company web-site: http://www.KeenSWH.com/