Prague, Czech Republic, September 11th – Keen Software House just released a new public build 01.082.009, showcasing the first three campaign missions, deathmatch multiplayer and tons of other improvements.
Dear Miner Wars Fans,
We are glad to announce the release of new public build, now in version 01.082.009. This also means that we are finishing the ALPHA and we are weeks, maybe just days, from the BETA!
This new public build has three playable missions, although players may experience glitches and minor bugs, but they should be able to finish them and it is also possible they will get even further. The first mission is almost final beside the second and third which are missing voice overs. The campaign will have 31 story missions, every mission should take 30 minutes to finish and that brings us to almost 15 hours of gameplay! Plus unlimited amount of time in free-roaming mode, in-game editor and multiplayer.
And what is new in this build?
- First three playable missions (voice overs still missing)
- EAC Survey Site
- Barth’s moon
- Enemy ship sizes increased by 50% (easier aiming and it looks better)
- New gameplay elements: merchants, mining, drilling, turrets, terminals and 50 weapons
- 15 deathmatch sectors
- Hall of Fame – multiplayer sector with posters of our contributors
- Optimizations – now the game should run better even on weaker PCs
- Co-op – it’s in the game, you can play with your friends, but it is still bugy and non-host players will have unsynchronized objectives
- Funny glitch – if you lock doors on your mother ship before you leave a sector, they stay locked also after your arrival to a new sector – but since you get respawn outside of your mother ship, you can’t get inside. You are locked out :)
Marek Rosa & The Miner Wars Team
ABOUT MINER WARS
Miner Wars is a 6DOF interior and exterior space shooter played in a fully destructible environment. Miner Wars 2081 features single player, co-op, and standard multi-player modes. Miner Wars MMO is a massively multiplayer online game situated in the same game universe.
As a player, you operate an advanced mining ship in an open-world asteroid belt area. You dig extensive tunnels, harvest ore, travel the solar system, fight enemies, and discover mysterious alien secrets. Gameplay is driven by an epic story and offers a choice of single/multi-player game, cooperative, or you against everyone.
The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue, exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth, search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing, or just flying around and destroying everything you see.
Miner Wars 2081 – Q3-Q4 2012
Miner Wars MMO – Q4 2013
ABOUT KEEN SOFTWARE HOUSE:
Keen Software House a. s. is an independent software development and publishing company focused on creating innovative video games. We are passionate gamers who love developing games, and we are committed to making the kinds of games that players crave.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
Game page: http://www.MinerWars.com/
(Feel free to use pictures, videos and texts from this site to preview the Miner Wars game)
Press contact: email@example.com
Company web-site: http://www.KeenSWH.com/