MCM LONDON COMIC CON – EXCEL LONDON – 26-28 OCTOBER
We've already announced a spectacular line-up of movie, videogame, sci-fi, comics, anime and cosplay content for this month's MCM London Comic Con, but Britain’s biggest pop culture festival has just got even bigger! Here are some of the highlights from our second wave of announcements:
FILM AND TV GUESTS
• Stephen Lobo and John Reardon, stars of Continuum, will be joining fellow cast members Tony Amendola and Roger Cross. Lobo plays former Liber8 member Matthew Kellog while Reardon plays Kiera's husband, Greg Cameron.
• James Cosmo (Jeor Mormont) and Miltos Yerolemou (Syrio Forel) from smash hit fantasy drama Game of Thrones will be at the show on Saturday, while Julian Glover (Grand Maester Pycelle) will be attending on the Sunday.
• Genelle Williams and CCH Pounder from popular sci-fi show Warehouse 13. Williams plays psychic B&B proprietor Leena in the show, while Pounder plays the part of Irene Frederic, shadowy director of the Warehouse program.
• Stand-up comedienne and actress Hattie Hayridge, best known for playing ship's computer Holly in much-loved sci-fi comedy Red Dwarf, will be signing in the show's Memorabilia London area on Sunday.
• Prolific stage, screen and television actor Ian McNeice will be meeting fans on Saturday. Best known to sci-fi fans as Winston Churchill in Doctor Who, McNeice has appeared in a host of major movies and TV series.
• Scream queen Adrienne King's most famous role is Alice in early '80s horror classics Friday the 13th and Friday the 13th Part 2. King will be meeting fans in the Memorabilia London area of the show throughout Sunday.
• Also attending on Sunday, Kiran Shah has appeared in blockbusters such as The Hobbit; Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom; The Chronicles of Narnia; Star Wars Return of the Jedi and all three Lord of the Rings movies.
• Canadian actor Cas Anvar's credits include Source Code; Shattered Glass; Lost; 24; Boston Legal; NCIS and La Femme Nikita. Anvar also provided the voice of master assassin Altaïr in the videogame Assassin's Creed Revelations.
• Bond girls Carole Ashby (Octopussy, A View to a Kill) and Caron Gardner (Goldfinger) will be in the Memorabilia London area on Sunday, while Françoise Pascal (There's a Girl in My Soup) will be attending on Saturday.
• Namco Bandai will be promoting a host of games in addition to the previously announced Ni No Kuni and Tekken Tag Tournament 2, including Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition; Dragon Ball Z for Kinect; Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection; Star Trek; Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3; Tank! Tank! Tank! and Wii U titles Ben 10 Omniverse and Family Party 30 Great Games.
• NIS will be giving visitors the chance to get hands-on with Persona 4 Golden, a remastered and expanded version of the award-winning Japanese RPG Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.
• Konami will be bringing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, which takes the Metal Gear franchise into exciting new territory by focusing on delivering an all-new action experience, as well as the Zone of the Enders HD Collection.
• Head on over to the Rising Star Games stand for a chance to play the Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition. Released for Xbox 360 and PS3 during the show, the classic shoot-em-up lifts off in high definition and with a host of upgrades.
• Mediatonic will be presenting side-scrolling brawler Foul Play, a Victorian-themed theatrical extravaganza for the Xbox LIVE Arcade that promises to reward performance over pummelling.
• Ubisoft has added Rayman Legends - a brand new platforming adventure with innovative social features for the Wii U - to their already impressive show line-up, which includes Assassin's Creed III, Far Cry 3 and ZombiU.
ANIME, COMICS, COSPLAY & OTHER ATTRACTIONS
• Rooster Teeth; OMFG! It’s Jack And Dean; RageNineteen and Chris ‘Slomozovo’ Bingham will be joining Simon's Cat, Eddsworld and Thomas ‘TomSka’ Ridgewell in VidFest UK, our new area devoted to online video.
• Leading anime distributor Manga Entertainment will be entertaining show visitors with a live podcast in MCM Theatre B; treating fans and press to exclusive early news about forthcoming releases and acquisitions; and holding an amazing sale with DVDs starting from just £1. In addition, Naruto voice actor Liam O'Brien will be signing for free on the Manga Entertainment stand.
• Two of the UK’s top live-action Asian film distributors, Third Window Films and Terracotta Distribution, will be showcasing their extensive Japanese and Asian catalogues in MCM London Comic Con's newly revamped JapanEx zone.
• The JapanEx zone will also be providing a literal as well as a metaphorical taste of the Orient for the first time, with visitors able to get tasty treat at the Wagashi Japanese Bakery; choose from a wide range of Japanese foods at Natural Natural and enjoy a delicious Kakigori (shave-ice) from Nice Ice. Meanwhile, renowned Japanese ceramics shop Doki will be offering visitors a selection from their huge range of pottery imported directly from Japan.
Tickets for MCM London Comic Con on 26-28 October are available at www.londonexpo.com/faq/tickets