FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ROTTERDAM, NETHERLANDS - July 25, 2007 - Mystic Game Development, a pioneer in real-time character animation middleware, today announced that its latest next-gen product, EMotion FX 3, the real-time character animation SDK for next-generation multi-core processor systems is now available for game titles developed for Sony Computer Entertainment's "PLAYSTATION ® 3."
"We are pleased to join Sony Computer Entertainment's Tools and Middleware program for 'PLAYSTATION ® 3.' The next generation EMotion FX, which was released last year, was specifically designed to take advantage of the latest advances in next-generation hardware focused on parallel processing. Now that EMotion FX 3.5 is available on PLAYSTATION ® 3, we are looking forward to seeing what game developers will do with it," said John van der Burg, Development Director of MysticGD.
"The EMotion FX product has been meeting the character animation needs of game developers since 2001, and our clients are driving the changes that we make to the EMotion FX product. They wanted next-generation performance, memory efficiency and cross-platform support, as well as clear focus on reducing the artist effort required to deliver high-quality next-gen character content in their games."
EMotion FX 3.5 features include:
- Real-time motion retargeting
- Tight integration with 3D Studio Max and Maya using new and improved plug-ins
- Multi-processor and Multi-core support, Multi platform support
- All the motion blending features you can imagine
- Facial animation and high-quality automatic lip-sync generation
- Advanced Inverse Kinematics and Look-at controllers
- A powerful motion event / trigger system
- Easy character customization down to per-bone level
- Over 50 API programming examples
- Very detailed tutorial-style documentation as well an API reference
About Mystic Game Development
Founded in 1999, Mystic Game Development is a Nederland-based pioneer in real-time character animation middleware used in the creation of interactive online and next generation console games. Used by leading game developers such as Mythic Entertainment, Sigil Games Online, Webzen, SimBin, IMC Games, Piranha Bytes, EGN Co., and DragonFly GF Co., the company's latest product was built from the ground up to harness the power of multi-core and multi-cpu consoles and PCs. Detailed information for EMotion FX 3.5 is available at www.emotionfx.com.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.