Hansoft 7 – takes development Seriously Social
Uppsala, Sweden, November 27, 2012 – Hansoft, the leading vendor of agile and lean development tools, has with the launch of Hansoft 7 added a Seriously Social dimension to game development.
“Hansoft 7 is our largest release ever and takes social development to a new level. For example, a whole lot of goodies for team members have been added, like the new, super-sleek todo-list, a live newsfeed to keep everyone in the loop and a chat where you can paste, edit and view images in the comments stream directly. But I also want to point out the performance enhancements we have made, like higher frame rate and up to 50% less CPU, making Hansoft faster than ever, yet less resource demanding. The rollout of Hansoft 7 has been a success, and we have noticed how team members who previously not used Hansoft that actively is now much more involved. All the positive response has convinced us we are moving in the right direction", said Hans Andersson, Chief Development Officer at Hansoft.
Hansoft is known by leading developers around the world for its flexibility, speed and ease of use. Hansoft 7 has been given a true facelift with new scrum and kanban boards, floating panels that can be arranged, improved scaling for better collaboration around the screen during stand-ups and in conference rooms, and much more.
More info, screenshots and videos can be found at: www.hansoft.se/hansoft-7-0
The new look
- Redesigned interface makes Hansoft look awesome and easier to navigate.
- Text can be formatted, panels arranged and sections resized.
- New scrum and Kanban boards with photo realistic cards.
- Ability to see Detailed Description and Steps to reproduce simultaneously.
Chit-chat things done
- Full Chat system for instant communication with your team members - individuals or groups. Chat logs are saved and fetched from the server.
- Ability to paste, edit and view images in the comments stream directly.
In the loop with live feed
- Personal newsfeed where you can follow your team members - updates, comments and more in one information stream.
- Avatar images enhance profiles and simplify fast and easy communication.
- Simplified To do list for the team member.
- Scheduling tasks assigned to a user can be editable by the user without delegation (this is a project option and can be turned off).
On the screen in the room
- Ability to scale the whole view for easy collaboration around the conference room screen.
- Adjusted text on board view cards, making it easier to read from a distance.
- Full support for columns with swim lanes in the board view.
- Full support for high DPI displays.
Performance like a video game
- Hansoft optimized to be less resource demanding.
- Enhanced integration with Windows 7.
- Higher frame rate in very large projects as well as small projects.
- Up to 50% faster login times on large programs and databases.
- Up to 50 % less CPU use when Hansoft is idle.
We never stop thinking about improved usability
- New navigation panel for better overview and management of multiple projects.
- Ability to stack cards in the board view, removing clutter and improving organization.
- New time reports in "user", "projects" (administration) or "project view", making it easier to export data to spreadsheets.
- Ability to copy burn down charts to clipboard.
- "Editable by me" is on as default to make it easier for users to see tasks in contexts.
- New Status column merging scheduling tasks, workflows and bug status. This makes it easier to follow the status of all tasks.
- Points can be used on scheduling tasks, making it easier to combine scheduling and agile.
- Ability to see BMP, GIF, TIFF and other image formats in the image preview.
- New time reporting section with a month overview and a day-by-day "row" for faster reporting.
- Improved "Find" functionality with auto completion.
- Item status and priority visible on sprint allocation window.
Hansoft is a production management tool used for agile and lean development, collaborative scheduling, real-time reporting, bug tracking / QA, workload coordination, portfolio and document management in game development and publishing as well as IT, telecom and the space industry. The tool is fast and easy to use and builds on principles of team empowerment, increased communication, transparency, and collaboration. www.hansoft.se
Visit Hansoft’s newsroom for earlier press releases, articles, images and more information about Hansoft: www.hansoft.se/press-media
You can also follow us on:
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1760837