LONDON, 11th August 2008 - Today, 60 officially becomes the new 20 as Xbox 360™ announces a 300% increase in storage capacity of the original console from 20GB to 60GB for the same price -£199.99 ERP.
Available in stores across the UK from 15th August at no extra cost, the new 60GB Xbox 360 enhances your capacity for fun by giving you three times more room to download the things you love. Whether it’s blockbuster movies, music or games, Xbox 360 offers it all through its online entertainment network– Xbox LIVE. Pioneering the digital revolution in your living room, Xbox LIVE is the World’s largest entertainment provider of High Definition experiences with over 12 million members, and a new member joining every five seconds.
“No one device offers the depth and breadth of entertainment that Xbox 360 can deliver and we know consumers need increasingly more and more space to store the amazing digital entertainment content we provide” said Neil Thompson, Senior Regional Director, Entertainment and Devices Division, Microsoft Ltd.“Now the Xbox 360 has triple the space to house all your entertainment needs at no extra cost.”
Xbox 360 is just one of three Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment systems Microsoft offers. Microsoft’s Xbox 360 Arcade, which comes with a 256MB memory unit and five Xbox LIVE Arcade games is great value for the whole family to enjoy at£159.99 (ERP), while the Xbox 360 Elite, with a huge 120GB hard drive, delivers the ultimate entertainment experience for£259.99 (ERP).
Out of the box, the Xbox 360 console is ready to provide an incredible gaming and entertainment experience:
• Xbox 360 console. The console comes in a stylish cool white finish and is powered by three processors capable of producing the best in high definition (HD) entertainment (up to 1080p for gaming), 16:9 wide-screen cinema aspect ratio, full surround sound, anti-aliasing for smooth on-screen textures and“high-definition multimedia interface” (HDMI) output.
• 60 GB Hard Drive. The 60GB detachable hard drive allows gamers to save their games and store movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos and other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, the premier one-stop digital download centre for entertainment.
• Upscaling DVD Player. With an HDMI cable (sold separately), watch your favourite normal DVDs in near high-definition using the upscaling capabilities of Xbox 360.
• Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. This award-winning, high-performance wireless controller features the Xbox Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of up to 30 hours.
• Xbox 360 Headset. The headset lets friends and family around the world chat while playing games, watching movies, or sending voice messages on Xbox LIVE.
• Xbox LIVE Silver Membership. For no additional cost, Xbox 360 owners can chat with friends online, collect Achievements to improve their Gamerscores, send and receive voice and text messages, and access Xbox LIVE Marketplace content such as game demos and HD movies, as well as the best in downloadable games from Xbox LIVE Arcade. (Broadband Internet access required.)
• One-month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold. An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership provides a complete online entertainment experience. Those who subscribe to this premium service can engage in competitive online multiplayer matches, tailor their matchmaking via feedback and accomplishments, and chat with an entire group of friends at a time.
For press information please contact:
Kate Szlendak / 0118 909 5334 / email@example.com
About Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is a superior video game and entertainment system delivering the best games, unique entertainment features and a unified online gaming network that revolve around gamers. Xbox 360 has a portfolio of more than 300 games in nearly 40 countries. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/xbox360.
About Microsoft Game Studios
Microsoft GameStudios is a leading worldwide publisher and developer of games for the Xbox and Xbox 360 video game systems, the Windows operating system and online platforms. Comprising a network of top developers, Microsoft Game Studios is committed to creating innovative and diverse games for Windows ( http://www.microsoft.com/games), including such franchises as“Age of Empires,”“Flight Simulator” and“Zoo Tycoon”; Xbox and Xbox 360 ( http://www.xbox.com), including such games as“Gears of War” and franchises such as“Halo,”“Fable,”“Project Gotham Racing” and“Forza Motorsport”; and MSN Games ( http://www.games.msn.com), the official games channel for the MSN network and home to such hits as“Bejeweled” and“Hexic.”
About Xbox LIVE
Xbox LIVE is the first and most comprehensive unified online entertainment network seamlessly integrated throughout the entire console experience, making it easy for people to find the friends, games and entertainment they want from the moment they power on their Xbox 360 system. Xbox LIVE connects millions of members across 26 countries to enjoy hundreds of multiplayer games, downloadable games via Xbox LIVE Arcade, free and premium playable game demos, music videos, TV shows and movies in the United States as well as new game levels, characters and vehicles for all their favourite retail games. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-us/live.
About Xbox LIVE Arcade
Xbox LIVE Arcade on Xbox 360 is the premier destination for digitally distributed high-definition games. Xbox LIVE Arcade is a fast-growing phenomenon with a diverse library of originaldevelopment and classic titles from the world’s best independent and established developers and publishers. With a dynamically updated library and free trials for every title, Xbox LIVE Arcade makes it easy for every type of gamer— from casual to hard-core— to get instantly immersed in the fun. Xbox LIVE Arcade also lets friends connect and play these incredible games either from the same room or from around the world via the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/livearcade.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq“MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Web page at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass on Microsoft’s corporate information pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/contactpr.mspx.