The first mods for Newton Adventure, a 2d rotating platformer for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, will be available on 2013-09-15 on http://devnewton.bci.im with pay want you want pricing.
Newton Adventure is free 2d PC platformer where player control the main character with classic run and jump movement but also can rotate gravity at 360°.
To get through the 30 themed levels, player should use gravity to avoid trap, kill enemy and find the key to exit. Bringing the key, pushing it, making it fall or activating mechanisms is the core of this adventure.
Game design provides levels with variety of action, dexterity and puzzle flavor.
- original rotating platformer gameplay.
- 16 bits console style graphics.
- 5 quests of 6 levels each with different themes.
- Run on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Gamepad support.
- French, German and English translations.
- Free (no DRM, no ingame purchase, no ads...)
- Source code available.
The Newton Adventure game experience is extended by a pack of two new mods: deluxe and retro.
The "deluxe" mod add 3 special quests with new gameplay element:
Bomb falling and rolling: they are dangerous, but using their explosion is the only way to get out.
- Complex color puzzle: the player and the key can change color: for example a blue object can pass thourgh blue barrier, but is vulnerable to red trap and cannot make green blocking platform disappear.
- Accelerators: when object pass through them, they add force to the current movement, making it easy to go fast into dangerous zones.
- September 15th 2013.
- Pay what you want.
Official website: http://devnewton.bci.im/en/games/newton_adventure/
Press kit, screenshots and trailers : http://devnewton.bci.im/media/newton_adventure/presskit.html