LOS ANGELES– December 17, 2008 - Nexon America Inc., is excited to share patch notes for its popular massively multiplayer online role-playing games, MapleStory and Mabinogi. These two updates serve as a great opportunity for new and experienced players to experience both games during the holidays.
MapleStory has a ton of Holiday events, web events, a new map called Magatia and so many events to choose from gamers won’t know where to begin!
Players can prepare for a journey into a world of magic, mechanical monstrosities and mischief! Located in the Nihal Desert, the town Magatia revolves around two societies, Alcadno and Zenumist. Maplers will run into strange creatures, strange items, exciting new quests, and secrets of the Maple World. Inquisitive minds are invited to uncover the truth about the town, and what connections lie beneath the surface to other regions of the Maple World. Players should bring along friends and explore the dark side of science together.
To get to Magatia, go North of Ariant and take the Sunset Road all the way down.
Players should head south to Happyville experience a festive holiday showcase.
Christmas Sock Mobs
Christmas Socks might look cute and pretty, but aren’t always nice. These mobs will appear on random maps every 2 hours, so gamers must look out for these creatures.
Check out the new Crystal Rudolph Pet, which transforms into a beautiful reindeer with a command and has cute animations. This pet is available only in the cash shop for a limited time.
The Gift Function has been changed so that you can gift to multiple friends at once.
The Mini Dungeon will be over after the December patch so be sure to get your items before the event ends.
New Holiday Events
• Maplemas vs. Versalmas!
• Little Suzy's Dilemma
• The Spirit of Maplemas
• A Versal Tradition
• A Verry Merry Maplemas
• Happy Versalmas to you
• Grubber's Holiday Grudge
• Festival of Lights- Building the Altar
• Day of Darkness (12.23.2008) All Day
• GM’s will be spreading holiday cheer by summoning mobs throughout the day to challenge players.
3-Day&10-Day Cash Shop Items
• For one week only, the Cash Shop will be carrying 3-day and 10-day items at a much cheaper price. Now, gamers can try out different outfits before buying them at the regular price.
Mabinogi has a major update to finish 2008 and celebrate the holidays.
• Guilds can own a castle and players can have houses.
o This provides additional storage for players.
o Gamers no longer need to stay logged-in to sell items. The Housing AD Board allows players to sell items anytime.
• Players who pay for a Mabinogi service package can now pose and show your emotion through movement.
• Players will help a troubled Santa Claus.
• There is a fireworks show at 1/1/2009 12:00 am PST!
• Players can receive their fortune for 2009 by completing the Astrologer's quest in Dunbarton Library.
Holiday Special Pets
• Holiday Bear
Party Board System
• Searching for parties is now easier through Party Boards, which are in every town.
• Guilds can now fight against one another.
• This is an easy way to transfer items or gold. It's also possible to request other players to make an item for you, pay for the item and receive the product through postal system.
Guild System Update
• Players can try to make their guild stone better than others.
• Players are now able to create a unique guild robe for all guild members.
• The new Guild Messenger system allows players to communicate with other guild mates.
Nexon America Inc.