Extra Live has today announced that Le Tour de France 2011– The Official Game will launch on iOS devices on Thursday, June 30. Cycling fans who have dreamt of being part of the race will be able to build their own team of racers to compete across real-life environments and stages from the actual Tour. Using real cycling strategy and tactics, players can fly past the fierce AI competition, and post their best times on the leaderboard. Become a part of the world’s biggest and oldest cycling event when Le Tour de France 2011– The Official Game becomes available for download from the App Store for $2.99.
Key highlights of Le Tour de France 2011 will include:
• Choose your favorite team, assemble a group of riders with different styles, and manage them to victory along the Champs-Élysées.
• Employ real cycling tactics like drafting, relaying, and sprinting to break down your opponents, realistic AI cyclists using aggressive and defensive moves.
• Race like a true champion through the real 21 stages of the Tour de France, with true-to-life locations, names, and stage features– from the grueling climbs of Mont Ventoux and Col du Galibier to the flat laps of the Champs-Élysées.
• Use Facebook to ask for support from your friends– each“Like” to your wall post will add energy points to give your riders an instant boost - a world premiere, never seen in an iOS game before.
Download the official Le Tour de France 2011 game on the iTunes App Store this Friday to begin your own race to the yellow jersey:
• iPhone and iPod Touch: http://itunes.com/apps/tourdefrance2011theofficialgame ;
Join the conversation:
• Facebook: http://on.fb.me/TourDeFranceOfficialFacebook
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/TourFranceGame
For more information on the official Le Tour de France 2011 mobile game, visit the official website at http://letour-officialgame.com/indexuk.html.
The game "Le Tour de France 2011" is developed and published by EXTRA LIVE. All Rights Reserved. Copyright EXTRA LIVE 2009 - 2011. Le Tour de France is a registered trademark of A.S.O. Copyright A.S.O. 2011
About Extra Live
Founded by Jérôme Bell in 2004, EXTRA LIVE is a reputed Games&applications publisher for mobile, smartphones and tablets with a worldwide distribution. EXTRA LIVE has created, developed and published top sport hits such as Tour de France, Vendée Globle/Virtual regatta sailing race, Click Shoot. They have also a strong focus on adventure games like Sherlock Holmes, Mc Venture and has launched CHOYOOZ, the first Comics Manga store on mobile in July 2009. Their games are very innovative, mass market and make perfect use of social networks like Facebook.