FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
North Vancouver, Canada — September 9, 2013 — After 4 months of development, a massive new update has arrived for the iPad game featured twice by Apple in over 40 countries around the world. The new Stratosphere has not only received a ton of new content, but also a stunning redesign, and the #1 fan requested feature: online multiplayer. With the arrival of Stratosphere 2.0, Stratosphere positions itself as not only one of the most innovative takes on the tower defense genre, but also one of the most full-featured multiplayer games available for iPad.
The new Stratosphere includes:
- Full online multiplayer mode with matchmaking and Game Center friend challenges
- Online chat for before and after games
- Completely redesigned menus and updated visuals
- Live planet influenced by player wins, representing the overall war between the game’s 3 alien races
- Alternate costumes for every single monster to show off in online multiplayer
- New level: “Shattered Walkway”
- Monster and tower almanac for stats and backstories
- Game Center achievements
- Main menu parallax effect
- New icon
- And tons of additional gameplay balances and tweaks
Whether in its face-to-face, boardgame-style multiplayer or over the Internet, Stratosphere’s competitive gameplay provides something new for even the most seasoned tower defense fans. The game will remain $1.99 for new players, and all of the new content will be available for free to current owners.
"When we began work on Stratosphere almost 3 years ago, we wanted to create a multiplayer experience that was really unlike any other on the iPad,” Pixile's co-founder Michael Silverwood said of the new release, "and with the combination of same-device and online multiplayer I think we have achieved that.”
Download Stratosphere 2.0, September 9th on the App Store at: https://itunes.apple.com/app/stratosphere-multiplayer-defense/id590214853?mt=1
For more information about Stratosphere: Multiplayer Defense, visit Pixile at PixileStudios.com or contact Michael Silverwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.