ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NJ - Oct. 12, 2009
Open Network Entertainment, Inc. (ONE), a company formed by a joint venture between LTI Global - (US) and Payletter, Inc. (Korea), today announced the launch of the ONE Power-Up Game Card. The ONE Power-Up Game Card is a value-added prepaid card for online games, virtual worlds and social networks that allows users to take control of their online spending. ONE has partnered with InComm, a pioneer in prepaid transaction processing and a leader in the sales and marketing of prepaid products, as the official distributor of the ONE Power-Up Game Card. The prepaid game card is now available at Rite Aid stores nationwide.
“In a time when the digital world is continually changing the direction of how we play, interact and navigate, we are breaking down the barriers so players can take control of how they spend their money,” said Pete Grubb, Vice President of sales and marketing for ONE.“Players have the freedom to pay for virtual items on multiple online destinations while taking advantage of a variety of bonus items, all without any hidden fees.”
In a few clicks, players can learn about and preview new games, engage in micro-transactions, pay monthly subscriptions and reload their ONE Power Pay Account. Keeping track of balances on multiple cards is no longer a worry; the ONE card can be easily accessed and reloaded through the ONE Power-Up Game Card site and used on the player’s game site of choice. Unique features include:
• Multiple online destinations; redeem full or partial card balances– The ONE universal card is accepted across multiple properties from games to virtual worlds in which consumers can complete secure transactions across multiple properties in a secure setting. Users must register at www.ONEgamecard.com to support partial redemptions.
• Value-add promotional items– ONE powers-up the player’s experience by providing added value, from extra points to unique in-game bonus items, when they use the card.
• Parental power– The ONE Power-Up Game Card empowers parents to control when and where their children spend online. ONE also plans on launching an age/rating specific card that uses the ESRB standards to create a payment experience that operates only on games appropriate to the user’s age.
• Player education– Consumers can quickly and easily learn about and preview new games, access individual game summaries that provide interesting and useful information, strategies, characters and virtual goods.
• Easy-to-use interface– Consumers simply purchase the card, visit www.ONEgamecard.com to register with the ONE Power Pay Service and set up their Power Code, allowing them to securely redeem balances from their account, whenever and wherever they want.
• Flexibility– The ONE Power-Up Game Card platform will support redemptions at participating game, virtual world and social network sites as well as ONEgamecard.com.
“Partnering with ONE for the launch of their new prepaid gaming card is a big opportunity for InComm that allows us to leverage our industry expertise and best retail practices,” said Brian Parlotto, Senior Vice President of consumer products and international.“Making the ONE Power-Up Game Card available on the market reaffirms our commitment to the gaming community and retail partners.”
The ONE Power-Up Game Card is universal and can be used across a growing number of online properties, giving users control of their entertainment dollars all in one place. ONE has partnered with a variety of online game and virtual world publishers to meet the needs of both casual and hardcore gamers alike. To date, partnerships have been signed with Aeria Games, OnNet (GamesCampus), Fantage, Ndoors, NHN Global, Game HI and JC Entertainment (GameKiss), allowing consumers to redeem their card balance for use on more than 20 online game properties.
“Payletter strives to bring products to the market that simplify consumers’ lives while giving them control of their money,” said Billy Lee, Director of global business development for Payletter, Korea.“This business venture with LTI Global to form Open Network Entertainment gave us the opportunity to provide the gaming community with a convenient, prepaid solution tailored to fit their online needs.”
About Open Network Entertainment
Open Network Entertainment, Inc (ONE) was formed through a joint venture between LTI Global-US and Payletter-Korea in 2009, to create the ONE Power-Up Game Card. The ONE Power-Up Game Card is a value-added prepaid product for online games, virtual worlds and social networks. The universal card can be purchased at retailers nationwide and used across a growing number of more than 20 online properties. For more information please visit www.ONEgamecard.com or www.opennetworkent.com, and follow us on Twitter for the latest updates: twitter.com/onegamecard.
About LTI Global / Locus Telecommunications
LTI Global/Locus Telecommunications is an established US provider and marketer of prepaid communication products and services, including prepaid wireless, long distance calling cards and carrier services. The company has extensive urban/independent/ethnic distribution network throughout the US. They also have established relationships and distribution with regional and national retailers, Incomm as well as and third-party technology providers and channel partners.
About Payletter, Inc. - Korea
Payletter, Inc is an online game billing solution and integrated payment services provider. The company has strong and well-established relationships among some of the world’s most prominent online game developers and publishers. Payletter operates as a professional service provider handling various content related and micro-transaction billing processes.
InComm is the industry leading marketer, distributor and technology innovator of stored-value gift and prepaid products using its state-of-the-art point-of-sale transaction technology and payment solutions to revolutionize retail product sales and customer experiences. With nearly $8 billion in retail sales transactions processed in 2008, InComm is the nation’s largest provider of gift cards, prepaid wireless products, reloadable debit cards, digital music downloads, content, games, software and bill payment solutions.
InComm partners with consumer brand leaders around the world to provide more than 145,000 retail locations the products and services their customers demand. Since 1992, InComm’s patented technologies have made the buying process easier for consumers while streamlining the selling process for product and retail partners. To learn more about InComm, visit www.incomm.com or call 1.800.352.3084. InComm is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices in Japan, Canada, the United Kingdom, Puerto Rico, Colorado, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, Oregon, Arkansas, Alabama and Minnesota.
Ed Zitron, Account Executive, TriplePoint
Pete Grubb, VP of Sales&Marketing, Open Network Entertainment