October 7, 2009– Paris, France. Pastagames today proudly unveil the tracklist for their unique rhythm-platform opus Maestro! Jump In Music. Unlike most music games, Maestro! takes you back to the great classics, invites you to rediscover traditional songs, and introduces new interpretations of well-known contemporary theme tunes.
The 24 titles are divided between the 6 diverse game universes, each full of surprises!
Green Grove: a colourful and flowery universe, full of exotic animals and lush vegetation. Rhythmic bass and afro beats inspire the music selection here.
- <*>Ludwig Van Beethoven– Symphony No. 5*> <*>Antonin Dvorak– Symphony No.9, From the New World*> <*>Madness– Our House*> <*>Traditional Japanese song - Sakura Sakura*>
Purple Sonata: what better music for a 17th Century palace with statues and marbling-a-go-go, than a classical sound, as baroque as you like, that has stood the test of time?
- <*>Jean Sebastien Bach– Little Fugue in G Minor*> <*>Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart– A Little Night Music*> <*>Perren, Mizell et al.– ABC*> <*>Traditional French song - Vent Frais, Vent du Matin*>
Yellow Allegro: sojourn under the Italian sun in Venice where only the cursed seagulls throw a shadow over the scene. The music is typical of the setting: odes to joy, and love in the form of mandolin solos.
- <*>Eduardo Di Capua– O Sole Mio*> <*>The Animals– The House of the Rising Sun*> <*>Antonio Vivaldi– The Four Seasons*> <*>Traditional English song– Greensleeves*>
Indigo Flow: a change of scenery and a free-dive to thousands of metres below the water's surface! Rare air bubbles ring out and myriad species of fish resonate with sound at every touch.
- <*>Erik Satie– Gymnopedie No.1*> <*>Pyotr Tchaikovsky– The Nutcracker*> <*>Screamin’ Jay Hawkins– I Put a Spell on You*> <*>Traditional Russian song– Otchi Chornye*>
Black out Beats: a spatial inspiration for this voyage beyond the solar system against a backdrop of starry skies and melting planets. The sounds tend towards the psychedelic: strange attractors winning out over gravity.
- <*>Johannes Brahms– Hungarian Dances*> <*>Edvard Grieg– Peer Gynt*> <*>Leonard Bernstein– The Magnificent 7*> <*>Traditional song adapted for Bizet's Carmen - El Arreglito*>
Red Hot tempo: the Wild West, steam trains and gunslinging cowboys–even Charles Bronson's reflexes would be put to the test in this Leone-inspired nightmare.
- <*>M. Gore, D. Pitchford– Fame*> <*>Ennio Morricone– The Good, the Bad and the Ugly*> <*>Isaac Albeniz– Asturias*> <*>American Traditional song– When the Saints Go Marching In*>
The soundtrack was entirely composed by the talented group Yubaba Smith&Fortune.
Maestro! Jump in Music was award the Milthon for best soundtrack at the“Festival des Jeux Vidéo” 2009 in France.
You can listen and download freely a part of the soundtrack on www.maestrojumpinmusic.com
The game will be available for Nintendo DS this autumn
Maestro! Jump in Music is developed by Pastagames, a French studio based (not in a garage) in an old Parisian printing works. "Pasta games is the world leader south of the Loire in quality craftsperson production of video games for cocktail hour, created entirely from natural, untreated products." Fabian Delpiano, Director.