Wednesday, 18 September 2013
Patch v1.02 for Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict - Assault on Democracy is now available, including game engine, editor and campaign changes!
[ Download the v1.02 patch here ]
PREVIOUS SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTE
Save games created with earlier versions are NOT compatible with this patch. Please finish your in-progress games before applying this patch.
GAME ENGINE CHANGES
- fixed a unit purchase placement error that would cause a CTD (Falk)
- fixed a move and attack followed by an invalid undo move CTD error
- fixed a tile control clean up error following minor country surrenders (Kommondant)
- fixed an AI naval reorganization bug that caused the AI to appear to freeze up
- fixed a Maritime Bomber target type error as well as recon spotting error (rjh1971)
- fixed a CTD related to the rejoining of Vichy France to France when Vichy France (Axis) surrenders on the same turn the DECISION event is presented (TaoJah)
- fixed a supply calculation error for occupied minors that were having low supply such as 3 instead of 5 when not connected to other friendly capitals
- fixed a TCP/IP game error that was incorrectly handling LOOP events (Catacol Highlander)
- LOOP events that target land to land transfers will now allow units to proceed to an unfriendly set of destination tiles if the #FRIENDLY_POSITION is left blank
1939 World At War
- fixed a Soviet Winter event that improperly targeted Japanese units near the Soviet Far East (Eisenhammer)
- fixed several SURRENDER_1 tile position errors (Strategiclayabout)
- fixed the road near Aden so that it is all within UK territory
- fixed the northern border between Norway and the USSR so that they no longer meet (mcaryf1)
- fixed a weather zone value error for Murmansk that will allow it to remain active throughout the winter (mcaryf1)
- fixed a missing rail link in China
- fixed a USSR DECISION event regarding the formation of Polish Armies that should only happen if Germany is still in the war (TaoJah)
- removed the Japanese Army set to arrive October 1st, 1940 from the P/Q
- removed the Japanese Army set to arrive December 1st, 1940 from the P/Q
- removed the Japanese SF set to arrive January 1st, 1941 from the P/Q
- removed the Japanese HQ set to arrive June 15th, 1940 from the P/Q
- changed a weather zone setting giving northern Denmark the same weather zone as Norway to help with airborne invasions and strikes (Duke of York)
- duplicate Zuiho Japanese Carriers now corrected (Eisenhammer)
- duplicate Novograd cities in the USSR now corrected (Eisenhammer)
- Taranto event will now only fire if the UK still holds Malta (Duke of York)
- WAR ENTRY events will skip the #ALIGNMENT check if the #COUNTRY_ID is still Neutral (Cantona66)
- fortification at tile 322,81 is now set to destroy on overrun or surrender (Duke of York)
- Maritime Patrol long range aircraft research set to 5% (mcaryf1)
- cost to the UK of supporting General de Gaulle corrected (MonsterClaude).
- South Georgia corrected in the South Atlantic (mathiasbw).
- Heard Island corrected in the South Atlantic (mathiasbw).
- Maldives added including a port at Addu Atoll (mathiasbw).
- Belize renamed British Honduras (mathiasbw).
- Ansi renamed Yumen (TaoJah).
- Sweden and Finland are now connected by rail (TaoJah).
- French Somaliland added (mathiasbw).
- Djibouti 222,119 and the adjacent tiles are now French.
- The British Djibouti Corps removed and its name taken from the UK's Build List.
- French half strength Djibouti Division deployed at Djibouti, 222,119, and a Garrison script added for it.
- British Garrison unit deployed at Berbera, 226,119, and a Garrison script added for it.
- Berbera is now a Secondary Supply Center.
- Unit script added for Djibouti to be defended by a Vichy French Garrison unit.
- Garrison script added for the Vichy French Garrison unit.
- The French Somaliland tiles added to the SURRENDER_1 script: France Surrenders (Vichy French Government Installed)
- The French Somaliland tiles added to the TERRITORY script: #NAME= DE 201 - Vichy France Rejoins France
- The division of the USSR between Germany and Japan (DE 616) now triggers if Germany says yes to it:
- Germany to annex eastern Poland (if applicable) and the Baltic States (TaoJah)
- Finland to regain any territory lost in the Winter War if applicable (TaoJah)
GAME ENGINE CHANGES
- fixed a controlled movement error that would cause a CTD when scrolling the map beyond the range of the highlighted unit movement area (Strategiclayabout)
- fixed an AI amphibious movement error that would cause a CTD (Robert Hatcher)
- fixed a TCP/IP game play error that would cause a CTD (Catacol
- fixed a scorched earth calculation error (llhnickerson)
- fixed a WAR ENTRY script error that was not properly checking for conditional alignments (Eisenhammer)
- fixed a FoW unit movement error for when Major nations are on the map but currently fully 'Neutral' politically
- new unit placements can now only be placed at resources connected by rail to either a Capital or Industrial Center
- research breakthrough threshold adjusted from 30% to 45% (Bill R.)
- HQs in Auto-Assist mode will no longer have attachments re-assigned to front line units unless they are out of range of the 'parent' HQ
- adjusted AI Fighter/Medium Bomber attacks against ground targets so that the AI will skip attacks with potentially higher losses for these units
- adjusted AI Fighter/Medium Bomber/Carrier attacks against ground targets so that the AI will skip attacks with potentially higher losses for these units (steel32)
- fixed a Light Carrier display error in the Combat Target dialog that showed 'operational range' instead of 'intercepts' (mcaryf1)
- fixed a DECISION EVENT error that had the Editor incorrectly looking for a FREINDLY_POSITION
- fixed a resource AA upgrade error that would cause a crash to the desktop (mcaryf1)
1939 World At War
- fixed the name of the German VXI Corps as it is not a proper Roman Numeral (llhnickerson)
- fixed several SURRENDER #1 events related to DE 602 and French Polynesia and the French West Indies (steel32)
- fixed the Indian National Army UNIT event for Japan after the fall of Singapore (numdydar)
- fixed an Italian surrender in East Africa popup error (Robert
- fixed a SURRENDER_1 event that missed some Moroccan tiles for the Vichy France events (Monsterclaude)
- fixed a neutral island that is now set to Japan that could be found between Tinian and Guam (Monsterclaude)
- fixed several AI FLEET scripts so that US naval units should no longer travel near Japan until later in the war (numdydar)
- fixed a weather zone error for Paris (Strategiclayabout)
- fixed several Chinese Army names that ended in 'th' that should have ended in 'st' or 'nd' or 'rd' (Robert Hatcher)
- fixed the northern border between Norway and the USSR so that they now meet (Robert Hatcher)
- fixed the German road heading south to Italy that previously passed through Switzerland(Strategicallyabout)
- added east/west loops in Mexico (Robert Hatcher)
- added a rail line from Chungking to Chengdu (Duke of York)
- added a 3 strength BB for Italy in February 1940 to arrive via the P/Q (Abukede, Bill R.)
- added a road and rail from Germany to Zagreb (numdydar)
- added 2 new DECISION events to handle the UNIT coastal garrisons for either a German or Allied invasion of Norway (crispy131313)
- added Kursk to the map as a town and adjusted the terrain around Kursk and Kharkov to be mostly hills and less forest (Monsterclaude)
- added several hills northwest of Rzhev
- added several marsh tiles near Velikiye Luki and southeast of Novograd
- changed a Japanese Army that was set to arrive on the P/Q on December 1, 1939 to October 1, 1940
- changed a Japanese Army that was set to arrive on the P/Q on March 3, 1940 to December 1, 1940
- Wainright HQ now a US unit as opposed to Japanese unit (numdydar)
- Malta SUPPLY event adjusted to take into account the status of Egypt as well as to remove Alexandria and Cairo from the event
- port at Anchorage now accessible/attackable by both the Axis and Allied navies (Monsterclaude)
- Vichy France territory amended so that it will be possible for the Axis to reach Spain without having to invade Vichy France (abukede; Catacol Highlander).
- Japanese SNLF at Naha now set to arrive via P/Q January 1941
- POPUP for June 1940 added to remind the Japanese player that war with the Allies will be inevitable and to properly prepare for it
- minimum supply and minimum connection supply set to 3 for land operational movement so as to not limit these options in the USSR, this will also help with German supply in the USSR as well (Catacol
- UK and US Amphibious Warfare action point increments increased to 2 tiles for each new Level of Amphibious Warfare research
- all naval Loop scripts now have a minimum of 2 finish positions (Catacol Highlander).
- it is now possible to access Anchorage by sea (MonsterClaude).
- supply scripts relating to Italian supply in Abyssinia amended to correctly reflect that they are tied in to ownership of Cairo, rather than Alexandria.
- duplicated Soviet Winter event removed from the Murmansk area.
- river Thames added in the UK, and the river Po in Italy (Eisenhammer).
- the river Nile's route has been amended slightly near Cairo (Eisenhammer).
- Chinese AI PURCHASE scripts amended to better reflect likely/historical Chinese purchases but still with the possibility, lowered percentage, that non-historical purchases might still be made
- UK DIPLOMACY scripts adjusted so that the UK will no longer invest in Diplomacy during an enemy invasion of its home island (numdydar)
- UK PURCHASE scripts adjusted so that the UK is more likely to purchase a few defensive Corps and Armies to counter a possible amphibious invasion early in the game (numdydar)
- UK now set to a maximum of Level-3 Anti-Tank to be consistent with all other majors (SeaMonkey)
- Baku removed from the Soviet Industrial Centers list
- Chinese IM increased to 60% from 55%
- Italian NM now set to 30000 from 20000 (steel32)
- UK Commonwealth units from Egypt will now continue to fight once Egypt surrenders (jjdenver)
- Norwegian territorial coastal waters now adjusted so that having Allied naval units just outside of the convoy lanes will no longer affect Norwegian mobilization towards the Axis (ludi1867)
- Added blockade loops for Axis (Honch)
- Corrected port bombings event
- Adjusted Allied naval A.I.
Last Updated ( Wednesday, 18 September 2013 )
Mirrors: if you are interested in hosting this patch on your site, please feel free to do so! Please send us the URL back to email@example.com so we can include it in the official list of mirror hosts. Thank you!