WHAT: Pirates of the South China Seas, the latest expansion of the Pirates Constructible Strategy Game (CSG) Online, is now available for digital download.
Piracy and politics intertwine in the South China Seas! A new faction rules these waters, one powerful enough to influence the rise and fall of even the mighty Imperial dynasties. Crewing exotic looking vessels such as the massive six-masted junk and the fearsome Dragon ship, the Jade Rebellion rules the trade routes leading in and out of these lands and seeks to keep the treasures of the South China Seas out of the hands of the imperialists from the west.
Online tournament players will additionally be rewarded with new bounty with this expansion. From June 13 until August 1, 2007, each player that enters a sanctioned Pirates CSG Online tournament will receive a randomly selected digital Limited Edition ship from the Pirates of the South China Seas set as well as a redemption offer good for one randomly selected Limited Edition physical ship for the tabletop version of WizKids’ Pirates of the South China Seas.* In addition, winning players for all other Pirates CSG Online tournaments during this limited time will receive the same digital ship and physical redemption offers.. Redeemable Limited Edition ships for all tournaments will be chosen at random from the following:
• El Afortunado– A great treasure hunting ship
• Le Triomphant– Perfect for“hit and run” tactics
• La Belle Poule– Ideal for exploring islands
• Floating Stone– Fast and Lucky
• Dragon’s Talon– A sturdy and resilient fighter
• Tiger’s Paw– Crews of any nation/faction can use their abilities aboard her
o 72 different ships to scuttle or scavenge, including the stalwart Dragon ship, sturdy Korean Turtle ship and the powerful six-masted pirate junk
o A new pirate faction for players to ally with– the Jade Rebellion
o 46 different treasures and crew.
o New game-changing Events that quickly turn the tide of battle– discover looted treasure is fake, summon rolling fog banks or cross swords with your opponents.
WHO: Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE), a global leader in the online entertainment industry.
WHEN: Wednesday, June 13, 2007
WHERE: For more information on Pirates of the South China Seas and Pirates CSG Online, visit the website at www.piratesgameonline.com.
* Offer expires August 1, 2007. Redemption must occur on or before August 30, 2007. Offer good for one (1) Limited Edition ship and one (1) Limited Edition physical ship randomly selected (from the list above) from the Pirates of the South China Seas expansion. Player must have an active Station Account and a registered account with Pirates CSG Online in order to redeem the physical ship. Redemptions are only processed through the Pirates CSG Online software. Not valid in conjunction with any other coupon or offer. No cash value. Non-transferable. Void where prohibited. Please allow six (6) to eight (8) weeks for delivery. Sony Online Entertainment and WizKids are not responsible for lost or stolen cards.
About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, Untold Legends™, and PlanetSide®, as well as for developing Star Wars Galaxies™, SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities while introducing new genres on various entertainment platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, and Taiwan, SOE has an array of cutting-edge games in development. SOE is owned by Sony Pictures Digital and Sony Computer Entertainment America.
SOE, the SOE logo, EverQuest and PlanetSide are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Untold Legends is a trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC.
A wholly owned subsidiary of the Topps Company (TOPP), WizKids is a Seattle-based game developer and publisher dedicated to creating tabletop games driven by imagination. Its HeroClix® and Pirates brands are among the most successful games on the market today, with over one hundred million miniature game figures sold worldwide. For additional information, visit www.wizkidsgames.com.
©2007 WizKids Inc. All rights reserved. HeroClix, Pirates of the South China Seas, constructible strategy game, and WizKids are trademarks of WizKids Inc.