October 6, 2010– Sytexis Software, the developer of video recording tools, today announces the immediate availability of Playclaw 2.0, the newest version of its Windows application for capturing HD quality video and screenshots in games. New features that make game video recording more enjoyable include video pre-recording, multisource audio recording, auto-screenshot taking, 32/64-bit video codecs and in-game benchmarking.
Designed for DirectX and OpenGL games, Playclaw allows the user to capture video and screenshots of the game play, view frames per second (FPS) for performance benchmarking, or see nicknames of who is speaking on Ventrilo or Teamspeak in multiplayer games. Featuring support for multi-core CPU and lean coding, Playclaw records outstanding HD quality video, without noticeable slowdowns, or reduced frame rate, even at full resolution.
“Over the past two weeks, I've taken full advantage of PlayClaw's recording feature, and as it stands, I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who needs a reliable tool for that purpose. As I mentioned earlier, the process of recording with PlayClaw is 98% of the time not even noticeable,” said Rob Williams of Techgage.com.
What’s New in Playclaw 2.0?
Version 2.0 boasts 6 new features that enhance game recording options. The new features include:
- Pre-Recording. Gamers will never miss that perfect game capture as new Playclaw can pre-record video. The program creates a special“cache” buffer that will contain the last N seconds of the game play. When the“Start record” hotkey is pressed, Playclaw begins to capture video and audio and saves it to free process memory. When there is a cool game moment, the player presses the“Start record” hotkey again, and Playclaw begins flushing cached data to hard drive, while continuing to capture new data. When the gamer presses the“Stop record” hotkey, PlayClaw stops capturing data and saves non-saved data to disk.
- Multisource Audio Recording. Now gamers can capture multiple audio devices in Windows 7 and Vista. For example, Ventrilo and Teamspeak users can record their microphone and speakers into one audio stream.
- Auto-Screenshot. Version 2.0 allows gamers to enable auto-screenshot option to take screenshots in a game over a predefined period of time automatically.
- 32/64-bit Video Codecs. Now players can open captured video in native 64-bit applications.
- CPU indicator– Users can see temperature and workload of the processor in a game.
- In-game benchmark– Now it is possible to check FPS and temperature and save statistics to disk.
Read more information on Playclaw: http://www.playclaw.com
Sample videos captured with PlayClaw: http://www.youtube.com/user/Sytexis
Pricing and Availability
PlayClaw 2.0 is available immediately from Sytexis Software, its online shop, and through a network of authorized resellers worldwide. The product costs $29.95 (USD) for a single-user license.
About Sytexis Software
Sytexis Software is a privately-held software development company that specializes in computer applications for recording video and capturing screenshots in games. Currently the company is storming the software market with its innovative game video recording utility called Playclaw. Sytexis Software was founded by software engineer Edward Kozadaev in 2003. For more information, please visit www.sytexis.com
NOTE FOR EDITORS: A free serial number for Playclaw is provided to magazine editors, internet columnists, bloggers and webmasters who will write a review of the program and publish it on their website, blog or column. We can also provide the program for the cover disk of the magazine.