LONDON, UK—October 15, 2012—The Pokémon Company International announced today that the Top 4 finalists from each 2012 Pokémon World Championships age division will be the basis for Pokémon World Tournament distribution events beginning October 22 via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service. In these events, Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 video game players will have the opportunity to battle the Pokémon teams used by Masters Division World Champ Ray Rizzo, Senior Division World Champ Toler Webb, Junior Division World Champ Abram Burrows, and other top finalists who competed at the 2012 Pokémon World Championships, held in Hawaii in August.
The Top 4 Junior Division finalists will be distributed as the basis of in-game Pokémon Trainers starting October 22. Once players reach the Pokémon World Tournament in the Unova region’s Driftveil City, they will be able to access the “2012 Junior Division Challenge” distribution and battle against the Pokémon teams of 2012 Pokémon Video Game World Champion Abram Burrows, Junior Division Runner-up Brian Hough, and Junior Division finalists Brendan Zheng and Kippei Takaki. Two weeks later, on November 5, the “2012 Senior Division Challenge” distribution will be accessible, and players will be able to access the “2012 Masters Division Challenge” distribution starting November 19.
Below is the full list of finalists from the 2012 Pokémon World Championships who will be featured in the upcoming Pokémon World Tournament distribution events, including each finalist’s in-game Trainer name:
2012 Junior Division Challenge (Distribution begins October 22 via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service)
· Junior Division World Champ Abram Burrows as World Champ Abram
· Junior Division Runner-up Brian Hough as World Runner-up Brian
· Junior Division 3 rd Place Finisher Brendan Zheng as World Finalist Brendan
· Junior Division 4 th Place Finisher Kippei Takaki as World Finalist Kippei
2012 Senior Division Challenge (Distribution begins November 5 via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service)
· Senior Division World Champ Toler Webb as World Champ Toler
· Senior Division Runner-up Jaime Martinez Alonzo as World Runner-up Jaime
· Senior Division 3 rd Place Finisher Nitesh Manem as World Finalist Nitesh
· Senior Division 4 th Place Finisher Henry Maxon as World Finalist Henry
2012 Masters Division Challenge (Distribution begins November 19 via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service)
· Masters Division World Champ Ray Rizzo as World Champ Ray
· Masters Division Runner-up Wolfe Glick as World Runner-up Wolfe
· Masters Division 3 rd Place Finisher Abel Martin Sanz as World Finalist Abel
· Masters Division 4 th Place Finisher Joe Polkowski as World Finalist Joe
To participate in each of the Pokémon World Tournament distribution events, you must have a copy of Pokémon Black 2 or Pokémon White 2, a system in the Nintendo DS™ family or the Nintendo 3DS family , and wireless broadband Internet access. You’ll also need to travel to the in-game Pokémon World Tournament in Driftveil City before you can participate. Players can have up to three Pokémon World Tournament distribution events saved in their game at one time.
To learn more about the Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 games, please go to www.pokemon.co.uk/blackwhite2.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world.
For more information, visit www.pokemon.co.uk