Los Angeles, CA – September 29, 2011 – Ratloop Asia, an independent publisher and developer of high quality, innovative games for the hardcore audience, today announced that its cinematic platform adventure game Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken will crack out of its shell, strap on a jet pack and land exclusively on PlayStation®Network October 18, 2011.
“Yes, Hardboiled Chicken was originally going to make his debut a week earlier, but cluck, we prefer our chicken fully cooked and our eggs completely boiled,” said Sian Yue Tan, Producer / Studio Head, Ratloop Asia. “The artistically bloody cinematics, clever-action puzzle gameplay and tastefully poultry seasoned humor will be worth the wait!”
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, which will be available for $11.99 on PlayStation Network, builds upon the critically-acclaimed browser-based game Rocketbirds: Revolution!, with new characters, missions, puzzles, exclusive music videos, retro cut scenes, stereoscopic 3D support and more. Step into the clawed feet of badass rebel Hardboiled Chicken, the original Coq of War who sets out on a mission to assassinate the totalitarian penguin leader and take down the evil regime that has taken over Albatropolis. Destroy enemies with a slew of weapons and bear the yolk of Hardboiled’s past as his missions unlock the secrets to his mysterious past and illuminate the truth behind the penguin government. Master fowl play in the co-op campaign as a pair of Budgie commandos on a mission to save the general’s daughter. Many lives will be destroyed, countless penguins will die!
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken Features Include:
- 15 Chapters in Solo Campaign: Assume the role of Hardboiled Chicken, kick a$$, kill penguins and take names on a mission to assassinate the evil penguin leader.
- 10 Chapters in Co-Op Campaign: Select a pair from the dirty half-dozen Budgie commando characters and set out on a mission to save the general’s daughter.
- Puzzles: Your birdie-brain must think quickly to use your environment and solve a variety of puzzles to move on to each level.
- Stereoscopic 3D: Fantastic, non-dizzying Stereoscopic 3D support, running at 60fps/720p enhance the visuals wherever available.
- Mini-stories: The plot thickens as you unlock cut-scenes and music videos at each level that uncover the truth about the totalitarian regime and Hardboiled’s mysterious past.
- Weapons: Kill penguins with a cache of guns you’ll find along the way from pistols, shotguns and Uzis to MP5s, M60s and AK-47s. Bring down the regime with grenades and other explosives. Unlock the ultimate weapon – Brain Bugs!
- Exclusive Music: Tracks from indie band New World Revolution featured throughout gameplay, in cut-scenes and during specialized, unlockable music videos.
For more information about Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, please visit: http://www.rocketbirds.com/hardboiledchicken and follow us on Twitter @ratloop. For additional information on Ratloop Asia, please visit: http://www.ratloop.com/.
About Ratloop Asia
Ratloop Inc. is a US based Independent game studio that has created innovative entertainment products since 1997. Ratloop Asia Pte Ltd was incorporated to support a development team based in Singapore to work on Rocketbirds, a new brand of titles. No stranger to independent games Development, Ratloop and Ratloop Asia have been awarded Independent Games Festival (IGF) nominations for their games for the last three consecutive years: Mightier, an autorigging puzzler game received a finalist nomination for the game Innovation Award at IGF 2009; in 2010, Rocketbirds: Revolution! received three finalist nominations for Excellence in Audio, Excellence in Visual Art and the Seumas McNally Grand Prize. This year, Ratloop Inc. won the Best Mobile Game category at the IGF 2011 for their ios game, Helsing’s Fire. The team has finally come together at Ratloop Asia in Singapore, which is set to release Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, the second installment in the Rocketbirds franchise, on PlayStation®Network in October 2011.
Abby Oliva | 209.586.1495 x106 | email@example.com
Rhonda Goodson | 209.586.1495 x107 | firstname.lastname@example.org