Brno, Czech Republic - October 21, 2010
MADFINGER Games today announced that Samurai II: Vengeance, a hack-and-slash action game, is now available on the App Store. With stylized manga graphics and quick, bloody gameplay, Samurai II delivers console-caliber action with an intuitive new control scheme. Link together attacks and upgrade techniques to dominate wave after wave of enemies– Game Center support tracks every achievement and high score. The sequel to one of Apple's "Best Games of 2009," Samurai II is a polished and immersive title benefiting from over a year of development. The lush 3D graphics and advanced AI draw players deep into the samurai’s quest as he seeks to avenge his girlfriend's murder.
High production values and vicious action put Samurai II on par with console brawlers. Screenshots don’t do it justice– the fluid action has to be seen on the iPhone’s Retina Display or popping off the iPad screen. The developers incorporated fan feedback, improving both variety and depth of gameplay. With a new virtual d-pad, dynamic camera, environmental puzzles and vicious enemies, Samurai II is the ultimate hack-and-slash brawler for mobile gamers.
Samurai II: Vengeance features:
• Quick and gory battle sequences: hordes of on-screen enemies will fall to your devastating attacks.
• Intuitive virtual joystick ensures you’re slicing up baddies, not randomly swiping the screen.
• Avoid dangerous traps and solve puzzles -- the combat never takes a back-seat to platforming.
• Between levels, gorgeous hand drawn comic panels tell the samurai’s tale.
• New score-attack survival mode lets players hone their swordplay skills.
• Apple Game Center support with leaderboards and achievements.
Samurai II: Vengeance is carving up the App Store, available now for $2.99. This Universal App is compatible with iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3G, and iPad.
For more assets, download the press kit.
About MADFINGER Games
Located in beautiful Brno, Czech Republic, MADFINGER Games brings together a team of veteran console game developers. Their goal is to create console-quality games for iOS mobile devices with a major emphasis on complete customer satisfaction. Their most recent game, Samurai: Way of the Warrior was downloaded over 800,000 times and included in Apple’s 2009 Games of the Year list.
Rich Jones, TriplePoint for MADFINGER Games